Back From Track Weekend

Hi, i'm with another member on here Poncho and we are slowly taking it to the track here in India. Just got back from my 2nd track weekend on a superbike and thought i'd share some pics. Please let the feedback flow, we dont have riding schools down here and most of all learning has been through books like Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist series (cant thank him enough) and valuable forums like this over the net. Thanks!

Apologies for the blur in some of these but my mate was just not familiar with using the cam and had a bit of shake

Click on thumbnails for larger picture

th_k116.jpg .th_k217.jpg .th_k376.jpg .th_k398.jpg .th_k403.jpg .th_k462.jpg .th_k468.jpg .th_k484.jpg .th_k511.jpg .th_k485-small.jpg .

ok i realize just asking for feedback is probably a little too open ended so let me ask this. If you look closely at the last pic it appears that the front is turned a degree towards the inside of the corner. I've been wondering whats up with that and cant really figure it out. That turn is basically a hairpin curve that we approach wide and then once the bike is dropped its pretty much positive acceleration all through. It seems to me like i'm making a steering adjustment but wouldnt toward the inside just stand the bike up? i know that i did intentionally correct my line a couple of times but that was basically more countersteer to tighten it up and keep me from running wide, what the pic shows doesnt make sense. Appreciate any answers guys, thanks!

Hey Killadude and Poncho,

Front wheel turned to the inside is why motorcycle turns. The countersteer knocks it over into the lean, but the front wheel turned into the corner is why it arcs through the corners. This a consensus opinion based on the results of more than one experiment conducted by members attaching pointers to indicate center on the steering stem and triple tree.

Check it out!

I'll leave the official school position on this technical matter up to a staff tech rep. :)

Awesome photos!

R

Awsome, must try it out!!, never went into it at that detail...

post-1162-1160200910_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Now that you have a photo of the front wheel turned in, you need to get one with the rear wheel hung out!

Note: This opinion does not reflect the opinons or views of the administration. Proceed at your own risk. :D

R

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone. Racer you still here?

Anyways its been ages since i logged in here and a lot has changed since then. I'm racing pretty seriously now, finished 2nd in the national championship last year on smaller cc bikes. I raced as a privateer and it was good fun beating 2 of the countrys top factory teams. Finally lost the championship to one of them by 1 point. This year onwards i'm racing supersport with Indias only international racing team, hoping to make it to the FIM Asian GP. I got good people to ride with now and learning a lot, my teammate almost made it to motogp last year but lost out due to lack of funds (http://in.revvs.net/stories/100117/Preetha...OTO_GP_test.htm). Anyways Just thought i'd share a few pics from practice recently. Its been a journey, huge thanks to Keith and this place, learnt a lot and still loads to learn...

th_tr-4-4-09-85.jpg.th_tr-4-4-09-109.jpg.th_tr-4-4-09-106.jpg.th_tr-4-4-09-099.jpg.

Cheers!

Sameer

Hi Sameer,

That is great to hear! Don't know much about the championships you are referring to, want to bring fill in the uninformed on this? What championship, which tracks, what bikes, give us an overview.

Best,

Cobie

• 1 month later...
Don't know much about the championships you are referring to, want to bring fill in the uninformed on this? What championship, which tracks, what bikes, give us an overview.

Hi Cobie, the Petronas FIM Asian GP is Asias premier road racing championship, more on their site - http://www.fimasiangp.com/

The Malaysian Super Series is a stepping stone to the FIM Asian GP and its held at the Sepang circuit in malaysia. More on the Malaysian Super Series here - http://www.malaysiangp.com.my