Hi there guys,

I thought i would ask a pretty generic question and find out what more experienced people than myself think.

I have been riding now for nearly three years, done a few track days and completed level one of your school.

By next year i would of saved up enough to do the two day camp in spain with the superbike school.

What i learned in level 1 in england was staggering, i honestly didnt think it was possible to improve my riding that much in one day.

I was very unsure because of the price but it was possibly the best money biking wise i have ever spent.

I aint the best road rider out there but i feel comfortable with how i ride and i can hold my own to a certain level. I certainly dont push it that hard on the road frankly because there are just too many risks.

I love my track days though and this is where i feel i can really push myself and give it everything, this is where i do my real riding.

I currently own a GSXR 600 K1, however i wanna purchase a Fairly new R1, a 2007 model.

Im always reading about lethal 1 litre bikes are and only experienced riders should ride them.

My attitude has always been your only as fast as your right hand allows.

What would you guys say is necessary for someone to step up to a 1 litre bike.

by the way, cant wait for the 2 day camp, i KNOW im gonna learn loads and dramatically improve my riding ten fold.

Cheers guys.

I currently own a GSXR 600 K1, however i wanna purchase a Fairly new R1, a 2007 model.

Im always reading about lethal 1 litre bikes are and only experienced riders should ride them.

I have 8000 miles on my 2007 R1 (USA model) and I love the bike. I've been riding a LONG time but this thing is a beast like I've never been on before. If you are up to a challenge, I'm still trying to "man-up" to it, then go for it. It could be dangerous but its your throttle hand!

Michael,

Our UK lads could better answer the R-1 question for sure, but with any liter bike it has to do with your right wrist as you mention. With good technique, you will be able to ride anything, and if you have a liter bike you can work it at the track (and on the road, but not the same). I'd say go ahead and have some fun with it! I will also admit that I'm personally faster on a 600 than a 1000. Maybe that will change with the new ZX-10 though.

Best,

Cobie

ps--let us know what you do and how it turns out.

Hey Cobie, that also has to do with your right wrist. ;) I kid. I kid.

It's true, partially at any rate. I also couldn't get the things to handle the way I wanted, and it was more work to ride them. Anything that makes my job easier at the track, I'm for.

Now that being said, we are supposed to get a few of those new ZX-10's, think I'm going to give one of those a try :)

C

• 3 weeks later...
I will also admit that I'm personally faster on a 600 than a 1000.
Why do you think that is so?

Paul

They are fantastic all round packages: power, handling, brakes, weight, suspension. It's a big selling class for the manufacturers, it's a big racing class, and they put a lot into these bikes.

I haven't spent much time on Suzuki's or much else out there, but the liter bikes I have ridden have been a bit of a handful. Case in point: I'm pretty sure the lap record at the Streets of Willow is on a 600.

C