Cornering Noob From Ny

Hi,

My name is Dan, I'm 38, and live in Orange County, NY. I own a 2003 CBR 954 and just attended my first track day last Friday at Pocono Int Raceway. It was totally intense and I loved every second of it! I've been riding on the street since 1991 (started with a Honda CM400T, then on to a CBR 600).

I felt like I really improved in just that one day, but now want to take it to the next level. Too bad winter is on the way.

After looking at pictures from the day, I really feel like I need to work on body positioning. At times, I was almost upright and my arms were almost straight, especially braking during the approach to a corner.

I look forward to learning a lot here!

Welcome Dan!

We will endeavour to assist your efforts in any way possible.

Cheers,

racer

welcome to the forum Dan, I like your choice in bike manufacturer, has Honda been your number 1 choice for a particular reason or only coincidence?

Thanks! When I was about 10 years old, a buddy of mine had a little Honda 50. I learned how to ride on that bike and when I turned 14, had saved up enough money to buy my first bike - a brand new Honda CR80R. Bob "Hurricane" Hannah was riding Hondas at the time and the CR80R was advertised as "This is how Hurricanes get started" (suckered by the ad - ha ha). I thought it was a great looking bike and the reviews on it were top notch, so I bought it. When it was time to start looking at street bikes, I really didn't consider anything else but a Honda since I had very good luck with the CR80. I've also owned Honda / Acura vehicles and have been very pleased with them as well.

So when the time came to get back into street riding, the CBR was the first thing I thought of. I certainly have a lot of respect for the other bike manufacturers and many of their products, but I'll always be a Honda guy.

What do you ride? Do you have a separate bike for the track?

Hi,

My name is Dan, I'm 38, and live in Orange County, NY. I own a 2003 CBR 954 and just attended my first track day last Friday at Pocono Int Raceway. It was totally intense and I loved every second of it! I've been riding on the street since 1991 (started with a Honda CM400T, then on to a CBR 600).

I felt like I really improved in just that one day, but now want to take it to the next level. Too bad winter is on the way.

After looking at pictures from the day, I really feel like I need to work on body positioning. At times, I was almost upright and my arms were almost straight, especially braking during the approach to a corner.

I look forward to learning a lot here!

Hi Dan, and welcome.

We've been moslty on the road for the last 2 months, haven't spent much time here lately, but that's a benefit of the "off" season--more time at home.

Honda Trail 70 was my first ride (acutally was my grandfather's but I abused it at every opportunity).

Let us know if we can help with anything!

Best,

Cobie