New Here, From Texas, In Italy..

Hey guys,

I'm the new guy I suppose. I'm currently living in Italy, but I hail from Dallas, Texas. Love Italy, and especially love the riding over here. I have yet to attend a SBK School, but there is one in the U.K. I plan on attend next spring. I'm a fairly new rider, but I've been studying and reading the "Twist of the Wrist" books and doing my own practice in the year I've been riding. I look forward to learning alot from you guys, and especially the staff on the forum.

Buon guidano, e saluti.

Hey guys,

I'm the new guy I suppose. I'm currently living in Italy, but I hail from Dallas, Texas. Love Italy, and especially love the riding over here. I have yet to attend a SBK School, but there is one in the U.K. I plan on attend next spring. I'm a fairly new rider, but I've been studying and reading the "Twist of the Wrist" books and doing my own practice in the year I've been riding. I look forward to learning alot from you guys, and especially the staff on the forum.

Buon guidano, e saluti.

Welcome to the board! I spent 4 yrs in Germany with the Air Force and absolutely loved Europe. AH...the memories...

Hey guys,

Buon guidano, e saluti.

Welcome to the board! I spent 4 yrs in Germany with the Air Force and absolutely loved Europe. AH...the memories...

Ramstein or Spang? I'm stationed at Aviano, Italy with the Air Force also. I've been here for almost four myself, hoping for atleast one more atleast.

How cool---working in Italy. I've been abroad, but never to Italy--what's the bike culture like there, everyone an Italian nut, skilled but crazy? How's the food too? The whole country Rossi-crazed?

C

Hey guys,

Buon guidano, e saluti.

Ramstein or Spang? I'm stationed at Aviano, Italy with the Air Force also. I've been here for almost four myself, hoping for atleast one more atleast.

Stationed near Ramstein at Sembach (flightline now closed)'86 to '90. Jet Eng Mech on EC130's and A10's. I think they just started building Aviano back then. Now I feel old...

How cool---working in Italy. I've been abroad, but never to Italy--what's the bike culture like there, everyone an Italian nut, skilled but crazy? How's the food too? The whole country Rossi-crazed?

C

Yea, EVERYONE here is Rossi-crazed as you would have it. Even if they dont keep up with MotoGP, they love Rossi. My girlfriend never watches the races with me, but she will literally walk into the room just to see if Vale won or not and leave. Kind of funny actually. As for the bike culture, its a big deal over here. And yes, there are the skilled riders, but I would say they are alot more crazy then skilled. Probably about as skilled as the rest of the world, with less fear and regards to self preservation.. As for the food, I cant say enough. The pizza is DEFINITELY better than anywhere else in the world. I've been to 9 different countries and they do it best.

BPEZ: You were engines? Well, I'm weapons. Nice to meet you, hehe. Currently stuck on the lawn-dart, A.K.A. F16 Falcon. Sembach is still there, but they turned the flightline into a HUGE road leading into and out of base. I actually bought my bike about 2 minutes down that road from the base. I cant say much for the billeting, but Germany is nice. I need to go ride up there sometime.

Ciao Italia!

I chose my first station at a listening post in the mountains above Nuremburg(?) when I signed up for the USAF DEP in 1983. Then I found out I was very slightly color blind and would never be allowed to fly jets so I changed my mind and backed out. Somehow, the idea of Computer Operations and Telecommunications seemed boring and the value of a TS security clearance didn't click. Hey, I was 19 years old and I just couldn't understand why anyone would want to enlist if they wouldn't be allowed to fly an F16 someday. (I mean, why do you think I built an entire squadron of Falcon models and hung them from my ceilng when I was 12?) I kick myself in the arse and think what an IDIOT I was everytime I think back to what I could have accomplished if I had stayed in the Air Force. Like getting my PPL for free in the base flight club.

Idiot idiot idiot idiot

Oh well. Now I'm learning to fly on my own and I'm going to build my own airplanes!

Anyway, thanks for your service guys.

And welcome to the forum, Tex.

r

Hey hubbard,

Glad to see a fellow Texan on the board. I love Dallas and that whole area, and I have family in Houston.

And racer, atleast you're flying now.. I may go to OTS (officer training school) to become a pilot. I, too, "messed" up. I was slated to go to the Air Force Academy to become an officer, but at the time, felt that it was a waste of my time and too much responsibilty. Although I dont regret my decisions, I should have been more patient with life. Oh well, live and learn right?

• 3 weeks later...
And racer, atleast you're flying now.. I may go to OTS (officer training school) to become a pilot. I, too, "messed" up. I was slated to go to the Air Force Academy to become an officer, but at the time, felt that it was a waste of my time and too much responsibilty. Although I dont regret my decisions, I should have been more patient with life. Oh well, live and learn right?

I couldn't agree more. Regret and self-pity are ultimately counter-productive and self-defeating. The best thing any person can do is to learn from their mistakes. And what would one ever learn if they made none? The person I am today is a result of all my past decisions and actions culminating to bring my life to this moment. The first day of the rest of my life. Success or failure are in my hands. All I can do is look to the future and take control. Dare to dream. Make a decision and act!

racer