Quick Hi ...new Here Too

Ok..so I have actually put two posts in here so far…but figured I better give a quick intro…and I tend to be a lurker more than a poster…I live just outside of NYC….been riding for along time, although had a hiatus for several years…got the itch again ..and here I am…. Finished my first season of track riding on the bestest most perfect bike in the world (GSXR 750 K7 --- and all you peeps who ride “so much better bikes” = not… please don’t jump down my throat for a least a couple of days)… Did the first couple of track days …was hooked…but thought “I am so going to kill myself cause I have NO idea what is going on…signed up for 2 day CSS’….read THE BOOKS waiting for the course (books helped A LOT…but I was about $100K over spent of my $10 concentration money..way to much to think about)…and just finished the course at LVR and that settled SO MUCH…of course I am SO hooked…only prob is that it is getting pretty much winter here and I can’t practice!!! … So now I just sit on my K7 on the stands in the garage (not really but close..) Anyway…will do CSS lvs III and IV ..not sure when but as soon as I can…maybe RACE…although I don’t think racing is totally in the cards for me…but who knows… Well that’s kind of it…will just absorb some of the great info here waiting for my next CSS….and dream about riding my MC…well actually Sun it is suppose to be 60 and sunny …so I know where I am going to be…

NYDude,

I love to visit NY, but for the riding weather, hard to beat this end of the country. Very few days one can't ride here. Does it make me a jerk for rubbing it in? (I guess I'm not above it a little :)).

The GSX-R, hard to complain about that bike, they can sure work well.

Glad you got out of the closet and posted, keep it up!

Best,

Cobie

NYDude,

I love to visit NY, but for the riding weather, hard to beat this end of the country. Very few days one can't ride here. Does it make me a jerk for rubbing it in? (I guess I'm not above it a little :) ).

The GSX-R, hard to complain about that bike, they can sure work well.

Glad you got out of the closet and posted, keep it up!

Best,

Cobie

Thnks for coming back Cobie..... Ok ..so yes..with no sham i will say u are a total jerk for rubbing it in :) just kidding...had a bunch of fellow students at LVR do the same thing...'the down side of NY ......................................................The GSXR = best bike in the world was just to get peeps riled...nothing like saying ur bike is better than their's to do that lol It is one sweet machine though...I know i should wear ear plugs when on the track but one of the sweetest things is to listen to that engine whine when hard 'on the throttle ...it is just SUCH a beautiful sound.....its kinda like...how did man create such am almost perfect thing...'and i guess it goes... as the controller of that thing can i EVER come close to that perfection...does that sound weird??? Get the dang schedule up for 2009 classes so i can plan my next 2 day!!!!! :) steve

I know i should wear ear plugs when on the track but one of the sweetest things is to listen to that engine whine when hard 'on the throttle ...it is just SUCH a beautiful sound...

Welcome to the board.

Start wearing earplugs- it sounds like a paradox, but I found that I could hear my engine better with them in. I think it's because it removes a lot of the wind turbulence noise but the powertrain sound is clear but not overwhelming. If you go to amazon.com and search for "moldex 6800" you can get a box of 200 for around $20.

I know i should wear ear plugs when on the track but one of the sweetest things is to listen to that engine whine when hard 'on the throttle ...it is just SUCH a beautiful sound...

Welcome to the board.

Start wearing earplugs- it sounds like a paradox, but I found that I could hear my engine better with them in. I think it's because it removes a lot of the wind turbulence noise but the powertrain sound is clear but not overwhelming. If you go to amazon.com and search for "moldex 6800" you can get a box of 200 for around $20.

Ok ...I will give it a try..since EVERYONE seems to do it there has to be something to it :) steve d

Ok ...I will give it a try..since EVERYONE seems to do it there has to be something to it :) steve d

I don't always wear them when I street ride (my helmet is pretty quiet too), but my bike has a stock pipe (stealth mode works fine for me here :)), but for sure do on the track. And I sure would if I was taking a long ride. I just find it easier to keep my attention on what I'm doing.