My Race 13/3/2009 In Qatar

this race was big, it was with the superbike race so every one was there specially the umbrella girls. As soon as I got to the track I kept my eyes wide open looking for any umbrellas because I may fine a babe under it, I found her at last but I do not know why I looked at my right and there were 4 containers of perilli tires as the shallow guy I am I ran to the tires and the testosterone reached it's peek and a moment of aaaaahhhhh happened.

Any way back to the race, they were combining the 1000 and the 600 together in one race so we were in total 34 bikes ( 20/1000 and 14/600 ) I did my record lap in the qualifying 2:20 and the fastest guy was 2:08 I was 18 on the grid, I had a bad start ( as always ) and ended being 30-32 in the first turn but every body was nerves there were too many bikes, any way I managed to finish the first lap in 24th place and continued to push my way to the front and I managed to go 2:20 in lap 2-3 and the amazing thing happened I did 2:18 continues for 10 laps strait but I got sloppy 2:21 in the last lap so I was past in turn 7 and in the last turn I was past again and finished 9th in my class ( 1000 ) and 17th over all the gap between me and the guy that past me in the last lap at the finish line was 0.200th of a second. BUT IT WAS FUN.

Here is a video of the race, hope you like:

bike cam

this race was big, it was with the superbike race so every one was there specially the umbrella girls. As soon as I got to the track I kept my eyes wide open looking for any umbrellas because I may fine a babe under it, I found her at last but I do not know why I looked at my right and there were 4 containers of perilli tires as the shallow guy I am I ran to the tires and the testosterone reached it's peek and a moment of aaaaahhhhh happened.

LOL...I think you got your priorities mixed up LOL

Congrats! Sounds like you had a good race. You did very well for sure and were passing a bunch of guys in the beginning!

I watched the video and have a couple pointers for you.

1) You got killed on the start and lost a bunch of positions. You could do way better if you got better starts and didn't have to pass so many of those riders later on in the race. Try revving your bike up more, probably around 9-10K RPMs for a 600. Keep the revs up high when you let out the clutch and feed more throttle as your release to the clutch to keep the bike from bogging down.

2) Your missing your apex pretty consistently. What I mean is, often you are a few feet away from the inside edge of the track in the middle of the turn. Try picking a point on the track right next to the curb where you would like to apex. The make sure you look at that apex point BEFORE you turn your bike in (just before you reach your turn point).

Hope that helps, Keep us posted on your racing and good luck in the next one!

Stu

Congrats! Sounds like you had a good race. You did very well for sure and were passing a bunch of guys in the beginning!

I watched the video and have a couple pointers for you.

1) You got killed on the start and lost a bunch of positions. You could do way better if you got better starts and didn't have to pass so many of those riders later on in the race. Try revving your bike up more, probably around 9-10K RPMs for a 600. Keep the revs up high when you let out the clutch and feed more throttle as your release to the clutch to keep the bike from bogging down.

2) Your missing your apex pretty consistently. What I mean is, often you are a few feet away from the inside edge of the track in the middle of the turn. Try picking a point on the track right next to the curb where you would like to apex. The make sure you look at that apex point BEFORE you turn your bike in (just before you reach your turn point).

Hope that helps, Keep us posted on your racing and good luck in the next one!

Stu

If you have it, check out Twist 2, the chapters on 2-step too.

Best,

CF