When It Costs Less

Everyone here knows about the $10 concept. We also know that once we get better at an activity, the same activity costs less.

If we do something consistently and it begins to cost less how do we know that we are getting better versus getting lazy?

Everyone here knows about the $10 concept. We also know that once we get better at an activity, the same activity costs less.

If we do something consistently and it begins to cost less how do we know that we are getting better versus getting lazy?

Let's see what your answer is to this after Sunday :)

CF

Let's see what your answer is to this after Sunday :)

CF

Why do I have the feeling I'm being setup :ph34r:

Hey JayBird,

This was a really good question, almost Zen like. So Grasshopper, why would you think the better you get the less money you spend. Why can't you distinguish the difference between more consistency, getting better, and getting lazy? "getting lazy" to me means failing to commit to spending more capital to break riding barriers.

When I first started riding sport bikes, I was spending a lot of money! Over $10, kinda like AIG. As I improved I spent less. But had I been happy with the current amount I spent, then improvemnt would not have occurred. Continous improvement takes investment. Going to the track and spending $7 everytime you go means you are "comfortable" spending that amount of money. If you could spend another dollar to break a personal barrier would it be money well spent? If spending another dollar puts you out of your comfort zone but you improve is it worth it? Just don't spend it all, maybe $8.98.

Lap times will tell me if I'm getting lazy. I fall to the 1:12's when I'm being lazy. My problem is that when I'm focusing on my riding, I am in the 1:08's, and when I'm pushing it, trying to give 100% I'm running 1:08's. That's where I'm stuck. I know it's corner entry, and I'm working on corner entry speed for my next trackday which I think will make a big difference, but I'm not going to be on the track that I usually can gage my progress on.

Lap times will tell me if I'm getting lazy. I fall to the 1:12's when I'm being lazy. My problem is that when I'm focusing on my riding, I am in the 1:08's, and when I'm pushing it, trying to give 100% I'm running 1:08's. That's where I'm stuck. I know it's corner entry, and I'm working on corner entry speed for my next trackday which I think will make a big difference, but I'm not going to be on the track that I usually can gage my progress on.

Hub;

You might need "help" getting over that 1:08 barrier.

I know you said earlier that the current economic climate has taken away your school slot but I want to offer some perspective. Unless you mount your own, a new set of track tires mounted and balanced will cost you north of 300 bucks while the School will cost you about 400 at The Streets of Willow Springs and 450 elsewhere. The tires will last you about four to five days depending how hard you push (a 1:08 anywhere is pushing it) and then your tires are shot. The training will stay with you for as long as you ride.

It's easy for me to spend your money but since you have shared with us that you are a medical professional, you could look at it as no different the cost for your licenses' continuing education requirements. The professional CEU's cost as much but aren't nearly as exciting while you're aquiring them, that much I know to be true.

Kevin

I'd say that if you (I) was getting lazy (rather than better) you'd find that your results deteriate and the bike harder to ride, and in some cases, survival reactions would be pinging occassially when it wasn't happening before.

Two things I find that I get lazy on, are Quick Steer (and I mean QUICK), and the Hook Turn (unless there is photographer on the corner :unsure: ).

Cheers

Hey JayBird,

This was a really good question, almost Zen like. So Grasshopper, why would you think the better you get the less money you spend. Why can't you distinguish the difference between more consistency, getting better, and getting lazy? "getting lazy" to me means failing to commit to spending more capital to break riding barriers.

When I first started riding sport bikes, I was spending a lot of money! Over $10, kinda like AIG. As I improved I spent less. But had I been happy with the current amount I spent, then improvemnt would not have occurred. Continous improvement takes investment. Going to the track and spending $7 everytime you go means you are "comfortable" spending that amount of money. If you could spend another dollar to break a personal barrier would it be money well spent? If spending another dollar puts you out of your comfort zone but you improve is it worth it? Just don't spend it all, maybe $8.98.

Seems that we think alike

What's the tax on $8.98? :rolleyes:

Hey JayBird,

Seems that we think alike

What's the tax on $8.98? :rolleyes:

That includes tax....