Sliding Forward On The Seat

One thing that I'm struggling with is riding position and taking my weight off the bars. I believe it's a combination of me being short and my 00 R12 being long, but also, that I slide forward in the seat.

I've made it worse by lacking up the rear end, so the seat is at a steeper angle, but I can't sit back in it at all. to hold myself back involves a lot more weight on the bars than there is allready, and as soon as i hit a bump i bounce forward again.

I've fitted stomp grips to try and grip them with the knees but they dont seem to help

Coult it be because my adjustable rearsets are too far back, or is there something else im missing?

ta

I'll start with an obvious question: is your suspension set up properly? Why is the back jacked up. Is it functional, or just for looks?

I'm sure he did it to get a steeper steering angle. Sometimes it just feels "right" to have the rear-end up high. I've tried it out and tend to prefer it, however I'm 6 Feet, so it works for me.

Seat modifications are easy and inexpensive to do, as is working on the Thighmaster.

I'll start with an obvious question: is your suspension set up properly? Why is the back jacked up. Is it functional, or just for looks?

I'm sure he did it to get a steeper steering angle. Sometimes it just feels "right" to have the rear-end up high. I've tried it out and tend to prefer it, however I'm 6 Feet, so it works for me.

Seat modifications are easy and inexpensive to do, as is working on the Thighmaster.

Is anything sacrificed during this adjustment? I've never seen anyone do it.

Jacking up the back reduces steering rake, quickening steering, but slight sacrifice on high speed stability.

But now the seats so steep i keep sliding off it!

Gonna try and pack the front of the seat out somehow, by either lifting the mount or lowering the rear, see what looks easier.

Jacking up the back reduces steering rake, quickening steering, but slight sacrifice on high speed stability.

But now the seats so steep i keep sliding off it!

Gonna try and pack the front of the seat out somehow, by either lifting the mount or lowering the rear, see what looks easier.

You should be able to slip some washer in the front where your bolts go to raise it a few milimeters.

Ergonomics can be a trial error thing. But you should also have someone who's expertise you trust take a look at your BP.

Are your sliding forward in the seat on the brakes? or after you turn in?

I 2nd stu's questions, and also what are you trying to achieve--did you like the way the bike handled with the back end up?