Njmp 2 Day Camp Next Week

I'm couldn't be more excited to attend the two day camp at NJMP next week. The 10 day forecast is calling for rain (fingers crossed). I'm staying at the track side hotel and want to know do I just come down in the morning with my gear on and attend class? Is there a logistics kit with regard to arrival times, recommended items to bring (notepad etc.)...

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to meeting some of you there.

I'm couldn't be more excited to attend the two day camp at NJMP next week. The 10 day forecast is calling for rain (fingers crossed). I'm staying at the track side hotel and want to know do I just come down in the morning with my gear on and attend class? Is there a logistics kit with regard to arrival times, recommended items to bring (notepad etc.)...

I got a package in the mail before my class with paperwork and other items that detailed out some of the logistics of the event. If you get there with your gear on, I hope you are comfy in your gear. It takes a little while to get everybody organized, bikes teched and rental gear distributed. Its not along time of waiting, but there is definately time at the track to get geared up as long as you aren't the last one there.

I got a package in the mail before my class with paperwork and other items that detailed out some of the logistics of the event. If you get there with your gear on, I hope you are comfy in your gear. It takes a little while to get everybody organized, bikes teched and rental gear distributed. Its not along time of waiting, but there is definately time at the track to get geared up as long as you aren't the last one there.

Tanner;

From my experience and depending on the locale, the track usually goes green between 8:30 and 9:00 AM. I've never seen it earlier than 8:30 and I'm not even sure that I have ever seen it at 8:30 but hopefully I will be corrected if I am wrong.

Kevin

Tanner;

From my experience and depending on the locale, the track usually goes green between 8:30 and 9:00 AM. I've never seen it earlier than 8:30 and I'm not even sure that I have ever seen it at 8:30 but hopefully I will be corrected if I am wrong.

Kevin

Yeah, My last class I was there at 7 when gates opened and didn't get started until after 8:30. If someone showed up with Leathers on ready to go, they are going to be waiting for a while in their gear. There should be plenty of time to gear up at track if you get there on time.

Hi Jody, and welcome.

There is time to suit up, and we'll give you some warning. I'll be there, come say hello when you get a minute.

Best,

Cobie

Thanks a bunch. Being this is the two day camp I would assume that of the school's bikes are tech'd and ready to go. I'll definitely say hello Cobie.

Jody;

The bikes are dialed in perfectly with Dunlop Qualifiers that are changed regularly.

If you have it - bring rain gere and I'm not talking about a high end touring suit. Judy Code once suggested to me at a rainy two-day camp I attended that I stop at Wal*Mart and buy a cheap folding rain jacket and pants; cost about 30 dollars.

There is a photo in here http://forums.superbikeschool.com/index.php?showtopic=1450 of me in my 30 dollar rain suit. I was dry all day long.

Kevin

I am sure that the bikes are in great shape. I was making reference to an earlier post with regard to tech. The forecast is looking better by the day as it can't possibly rain anymore here on the east coast. I think we are on day 7 or 8 of consecutive downpours.

Thanks for the tips!

I am sure that the bikes are in great shape. I was making reference to an earlier post with regard to tech. The forecast is looking better by the day as it can't possibly rain anymore here on the east coast. I think we are on day 7 or 8 of consecutive downpours.

Thanks for the tips!

Yeah, you are right. School bikes don't have to go through tech. I haven't done a 2 day camp so I forgot that they are school bikes only. There should still be plenty of time when you get there to get geared up.

I didn't get a package in the mail. Can someone confirm what time I should be down in the paddock area? Thanks.

I don't remember for certain but if I had to guess I'd say 7am in the paddock.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the 2 day camp also, with Jody. I second his words. Street riding no longer has the same appeal. I haven't moved as quickly as Jody did procuring a track bike, but I've been out shopping for one since the 2 days at NJMP ended.

Jody, - what did you buy? I've been looking at ZX6Rs! Big surprise, right? I loved those little bikes! They were a blast!

Oh, and btw, I had so much fun last week, I signed up for the 2 day camp in August! How about it? You coming back?

Elton

Elton, great to hear from you! I purchased another Suzuki (to match my leathers, HA!) just a 2004 track bodywork bike. If I had my druthers, I would definitely have purchased a ZX6R. Man those things were a blast. I may still get one if I can fit in a few more track days.

Yes, I too will be at the 2 day camp in August. Looking forward to seeing you and the mighty Y car later this summer. Ride safe on those ducs and thanks for the note!