Uk Css 2010 Calendar

I see next years calendar is out and so far nothing at Rockingham, Is it because it always rains when we go there?

The only choice seems to be Silverstone South, Stow or Brands hatch, hopefully more dates get added, I have a level 4 to do!

Bobby

I see next years calendar is out and so far nothing at Rockingham, Is it because it always rains when we go there?

The only choice seems to be Silverstone South, Stow or Brands hatch, hopefully more dates get added, I have a level 4 to do!

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Yeah definitely no Rockingham in 2010, not because it rains when we go, but because the circuit is so dangerous when it rains. Turns 1 and 6 at Rockingham have got progressively worse and worse over the last few years, and we've been getting so many crashes on those two corners only it cannot be a coincidence.

I understand that there have been extensive discussions with the circuit about changing the surface of these two corners, but it's been refused. Because of this, we've decided not to go in 2010 because of safety fears for our riders.

There will only be the 3 different circuits in 2010, though Stowe circuit is having an extra 1/2 mile added to it over the winter, and we have of course the south circuit which is very good and Brands Hatch Indy. I do believe there may be a two day camp in the UK in August/Sept 2010, but details are yet to be confirmed so it would be wrong at this time to speculate.

I too will miss rockingham in 2010, but we just don't want riders to b e crashing more than they should and its become unacceptable to go until this issue is resolved.

Bullet

Cheers for that explanation Bullet

It is a shame, I really liked that little circuit and its where I've done all my levels 1-3 so probably the track where I have got past alot of my riding barriers and have improved my riding, no high speed stuff just corner after corner as you know. Ironically all 3 times I have been there it has been wet, and all credit to all the CSS staff, we were well warned about turns 1 and 6! On my last day there though you could see the coaches and staff getting a bit frustrated as they were warning people about it and then they went out and crashed, Hopefully Rockingham can get it sorted and get back on the calender for 2011!

Looks like silverstone for level 4 next year, is the little stow track a good track for learning on or would it be worth paying the extra for the south circuit?

Cheers

Bobby

Cheers for that explanation Bullet

It is a shame, I really liked that little circuit and its where I've done all my levels 1-3 so probably the track where I have got past alot of my riding barriers and have improved my riding, no high speed stuff just corner after corner as you know. Ironically all 3 times I have been there it has been wet, and all credit to all the CSS staff, we were well warned about turns 1 and 6! On my last day there though you could see the coaches and staff getting a bit frustrated as they were warning people about it and then they went out and crashed, Hopefully Rockingham can get it sorted and get back on the calender for 2011!

Looks like silverstone for level 4 next year, is the little stow track a good track for learning on or would it be worth paying the extra for the south circuit?

Cheers

Bobby

Stowe circuit as was, well it's ok for learning on, it's not got the facilities or the mixture of lefts rights, and fast slow, but they're adding more to it over the winter to make it more involving for the future. I wouldn't say it was bad, not as much fun as Rockingham. I think the ammendments add another 3 right handers in, and 3 more lefts, though I'm unsure on how quick they'll be, probably medium speed.

The South circuit, well, thats essentially the lower half of the GP circuit, and it's very fast in comparison.. Definitely a much quicker, faster, longer straights, more high speed turns. Not as technically tricky in many ways really, much longer lap.

Which is best for you, well i guess it depends greatly on what you're struggling to fix? If its slower stuff, then Stowe maybe better, if it's faster, well, South circuit is the way to go for sure.

Let me know what you decide my friend.

Bullet

I have just signed up for Levels 2 and 3 on May 10th and 11th at Brands Hatch.

I did level 1 at Silverstone Stowe and I loved it because it was small, but I need to experience different things and tracks, and who DOESN'T want to ride on Brands Hatch?? I know I do!!!

Cheers Bullet

I will probably just go for the layout that suits my dates best!

Are you guys not running the rider aid bikes again next year?

I will have to wait till after new year before I book anything but will hopefully manage 2 level 4s, if not I will definitely do at least 1 day of level 4, I have to wait for the UK TDO's to get their calendars up so that I can pick dates that allow me to do a trackday or 2 at either Cadwell, Oulten or Donington straight after the school to justify the travelling down, well justify it in my head anyway :rolleyes:

Bobby

Cheers Bullet

Are you guys not running the rider aid bikes again next year?

I don't know the answer to that question mate to be honest. I'll ask, let you know.

Bullet

I should have known that there wouldn't be any northern tracks being used. Whats wrong with circuits like Cadwell or Oulton, then I could have my problem areas sorted on the tracks I ride & that would be closer to personal tuition without the expense :D .

It'll have to be Stowe again for L3.

I should have known that there wouldn't be any northern tracks being used. Whats wrong with circuits like Cadwell or Oulton, then I could have my problem areas sorted on the tracks I ride & that would be closer to personal tuition without the expense :D .

Well you say without the expense... But, unfortunately, Oulton especially is very expensive to hire, Cadwell isn't much cheaper either. they're both MSV/Palmersport owned circuit's lest we not forget, so I doubt you'd be looking much less cost than Brands hatch for a day.

Other problem is this, You wouldn't be able to coach on the full circuits at either circuit, you'd have to use both the shorter versions, which again, is probably not what you ride when you go there. Why I here you ask? well, lets put it this way, Oulton is pretty long circuit, I can do flat out, around 1:52, but think how slow you'd be on 1 gear no brakes? or a novice rider would be doing it? Say, 3:30-4:00 min laps. 20 mins a session, you'd get maybe 4-5 laps. You'd never be able to coach all of your students in the time. this is why you can only run tracks this long on Camps, where you have 2-1 student ratio, and 30 min sessions.

Now, I can tell you there is a possibility of running a 2 day camp in the UK later on in the year. The circuit to be used is being discussed, and I know that Outlon is definitely very much in the mix for it.

I'll let everyone know when i hear what/where/when it may be.

Bullet

Well you say without the expense... But, unfortunately, Oulton especially is very expensive to hire, Cadwell isn't much cheaper either. they're both MSV/Palmersport owned circuit's lest we not forget, so I doubt you'd be looking much less cost than Brands hatch for a day.

Bullet

Bullet the expense I was alluding to was the private hire of 1 CSS instructor + bike hire + 2x trackday tickets that would be required for personal tuition at Cadwell.

I agree that you need a track that is small enough so that a reasonable number of laps can be done although I wouldn't grumble at a smaller version of cadwell without the mountain & hairpin. Stowe probably suits me for my tuition as it's the slower corners that I seem to find problems with.

Oulton 3:30 - 4:00 with no brakes & 1 gear - who are you kidding, thats what I do flat out moto.gif

I could be very very interested in a 2 day UK camp especially if it was at Oulton.

Paul

Bullet

Bullet the expense I was alluding to was the private hire of 1 CSS instructor + bike hire + 2x trackday tickets that would be required for personal tuition at Cadwell.

I agree that you need a track that is small enough so that a reasonable number of laps can be done although I wouldn't grumble at a smaller version of cadwell without the mountain & hairpin. Stowe probably suits me for my tuition as it's the slower corners that I seem to find problems with.

Oulton 3:30 - 4:00 with no brakes & 1 gear - who are you kidding, thats what I do flat out moto.gif

I could be very very interested in a 2 day UK camp especially if it was at Oulton.

Paul

Would'nt the short version of cadwell be the section with the hairpin and the mountain?

I will be holding off booking until I see what comes of this 2 day camp, as that would suit me perfectly if the price is right!

Bobby

Are there going to be any foreign camps next year or is the published list more or less what we have to choose from?????

I understand, though it's yet to be fully confirmed my friend, but I hear Jerez, 2, 2 day camps might happen, Easter Monday onwards, ( I think thats the 6th April). There are definitely going to be further dates in Spain, Lithuania, South Africa, Bulgaria, and France I hear. We may also be going to India..... All TBC though I'm afraid.

You cannot book any of these yet, as there a few other dates/things being organised, but I suspect Jerez will will more than likely happen mate.

Bullet

Would'nt the short version of cadwell be the section with the hairpin and the mountain?

I will be holding off booking until I see what comes of this 2 day camp, as that would suit me perfectly if the price is right!

Bobby

I was thinking of the club circuit as the short one but I suppose it could also be woodlands.

Bobby

I was thinking of the club circuit as the short one but I suppose it could also be woodlands.

I don't recall the names, but when i was last there (2002?), we didn't use the mountain or what i assume is the woodllands--run off is an issue, there was little in a few spots.

CF

• 4 weeks later...

Bobby

I don't recall the names, but when i was last there (2002?), we didn't use the mountain or what i assume is the woodllands--run off is an issue, there was little in a few spots.

CF

Yeh, Mountain/woodlands section is the bit with very little run off Cobie.

Bullet, Is there any more info on the 2 day UK camp yet?

Hi mate,

I think it's going to be at Silverstone South, I heard probably on the dates in August. As you'll see it's not fully confirmed, but if you ring into the office, I expect they'll be able to confirm. I asked Andy I when I saw him about it a few weeks back now and he suggested that would be the case.

Sorry it's not firm for you, but I defo understand it will be at Silverstone South circuit, not anywhere else in the UK.

Bullet

Hi mate,

I think it's going to be at Silverstone South, I heard probably on the dates in August. As you'll see it's not fully confirmed, but if you ring into the office, I expect they'll be able to confirm. I asked Andy I when I saw him about it a few weeks back now and he suggested that would be the case.

Sorry it's not firm for you, but I defo understand it will be at Silverstone South circuit, not anywhere else in the UK.

Bullet

Thanks Bullet. Silverstone south would be a different circuit so that would be OK. More concerned with the mid week aspect of it though. I've already booked for L3 so was looking to do L4 at the camp. What would be the difference between doing the 2 day camp & doing 2 normal school days?

Paul

Hi mate,

Bullet

Thanks Bullet. Silverstone south would be a different circuit so that would be OK. More concerned with the mid week aspect of it though. I've already booked for L3 so was looking to do L4 at the camp. What would be the difference between doing the 2 day camp & doing 2 normal school days?

Paul

Biggest differences of camp are the exclusivity of it, Student to Coach ratio is 2 - 1, instead of 3 -1 , there are 6 sessions per day (UK), rather than 5, and the sessions are all 30 mins long too. There are also only 16 students on track at once, as opposed to the usual 21, everyone also gets Video bike analysis of their riding regardless of level, which is only usually available for level 4 students.

Essentially you get more of everything, it's intense, but very good. You could definitely do 2 days of level 4 if you wanted to do on the Camp no problem at all.

Hope that answers your question?

Bullet

Hi mate,

Bullet

Paul

Biggest differences of camp are the exclusivity of it, Student to Coach ratio is 2 - 1, instead of 3 -1 , there are 6 sessions per day (UK), rather than 5, and the sessions are all 30 mins long too. There are also only 16 students on track at once, as opposed to the usual 21, everyone also gets Video bike analysis of their riding regardless of level, which is only usually available for level 4 students.

Essentially you get more of everything, it's intense, but very good. You could definitely do 2 days of level 4 if you wanted to do on the Camp no problem at all.

Bullet

Do you do the slide bike at the UK camp?

Hi mate,

Bullet

Paul

Bullet

Normally in a camp though, it's almost impossible to do, as your either in class, or on track, there is no slack in schedule inbetween essentially.

We've been unable to do slidebike in UK in 2009 due to circuits charging more for area to run it in. I'm unsure whether this aspect has changed or not, but expect not. You would need to ask the office mate, whether that's going to happen or not.

Bullet

everyone also gets Video bike analysis of their riding regardless of level, which is only usually available for level 4 students.

Speaking of video analysis - I nevet got to see the video from my L4 on Silverstone South in July, due to water in the camera. Do you know if they got the video out of it so I could see it (even now)?

(answer: ask the office)

Thanks,

Kai

Hi mate,

Bullet

Paul

Bullet

Normally in a camp though, it's almost impossible to do, as your either in class, or on track, there is no slack in schedule inbetween essentially.

We've been unable to do slidebike in UK in 2009 due to circuits charging more for area to run it in. I'm unsure whether this aspect has changed or not, but expect not. You would need to ask the office mate, whether that's going to happen or not.

Bullet

So how do you teach us to slide the back like the pro's without the slidebike? This could be detrimental to my career development - if I had one to develop. Maybe it will have to be a trip to Laguna Seca.

Hi mate,

Bullet

Paul

Bullet

Bullet

So how do you teach us to slide the back like the pro's without the slidebike? This could be detrimental to my career development - if I had one to develop. Maybe it will have to be a trip to Laguna Seca.

The Uk as you well know is blessed with almost guaranteed rain my friend . What better conditions to learn to slide a bike around than in the rain..? Big bike power, low traction, match made for sliding and good throttle control. :lol:

I have to say, many students who've ridden the slidebike, haven't neccesarily been able to do it anyway. It takes some commitment to get it to do it, and although the procedure has been changed since I last rode it, I can tell you when I was a student many, many years back, I actually ended up wearing the bloody thing. :lol: Never felt that keen to ride it again after that, funnily enough.

Bullet

The Uk as you well know is blessed with almost guaranteed rain my friend . What better conditions to learn to slide a bike around than in the rain..? Big bike power, low traction, match made for sliding and good throttle control. :lol:

I have to say, many students who've ridden the slidebike, haven't neccesarily been able to do it anyway. It takes some commitment to get it to do it, and although the procedure has been changed since I last rode it, I can tell you when I was a student many, many years back, I actually ended up wearing the bloody thing. :lol: Never felt that keen to ride it again after that, funnily enough.

Bullet

The new procedure is so much better, Keith really broke it down and clarified and established more coaching points. This way we can really tell if the student is on the right path, and bring him up to it with a nice gradient.

You should get on it in the new format.

Best,

CF