Newbie From Dubai

Hi All

I've been in Dubai now for over 5 years and only been on the track once, the road is for me and in our group we have been out almost every Friday for 4 years now. The roads out here are excellent although riding in Dubai itself is ( I must admit) a little more than scary. I ride my R1 every day to and from work, come Friday we don our leathers and battle the mountains. To me these are some of the best roads I have ever ridden.

You cali guys need to try them the next time you’re out.

Stay rubber side down

Ben

FOGs

P.S

Sabah, you're already famous in Dubai, good on ya :rolleyes:

Hi All

I've been in Dubai now for over 5 years and only been on the track once, the road is for me and in our group we have been out almost every Friday for 4 years now. The roads out here are excellent although riding in Dubai itself is ( I must admit) a little more than scary. I ride my R1 every day to and from work, come Friday we don our leathers and battle the mountains. To me these are some of the best roads I have ever ridden.

You cali guys need to try them the next time you're out.

Stay rubber side down

Ben

FOGs

P.S

lol cool! glad you joined the forum, trying to get the css students in dubai on here :)

Hi All

You cali guys need to try them the next time you're out.

Stay rubber side down

Ben

FOGs

P.S

Ben,

Thanks for that, I realized that I had this preconcieved idea it was flat and desert around there. How long does it take to get to the good roades there? And, how easy or hard is it to get on that rack? Cost, how often is it open, how well are the local track days run? Maybe you and Sabah can fill us in?

Best,.

CF

lol cool! glad you joined the forum, trying to get the css students in dubai on here :)

Ben,

Thanks for that, I realized that I had this preconcieved idea it was flat and desert around there. How long does it take to get to the good roades there? And, how easy or hard is it to get on that rack? Cost, how often is it open, how well are the local track days run? Maybe you and Sabah can fill us in?

Best,

CF

Ben,

Best,

CF

Hi Cobie

The "good roads" are only 30 mins from Dubai and there are plenty............... when/If you every get the chance let me know I am sure we can sort something out for you, As for the track well your'e right Sabah can fill you in better.

Stay rubber side down

Ben

Ben,

Best,

CF

Hi Cobie

The "good roads" are only 30 mins from Dubai and there are plenty............... when/If you every get the chance let me know I am sure we can sort something out for you, As for the track well your'e right Sabah can fill you in better.

Stay rubber side down

Ben

Ben;

The FOGS logo would make an awesome patch to wear on your leathers. Do you guys have a US Chapter I could join?

Rainman

Hmmm dubai's not far from australia :) do they rent bikes @ the track? how often do they run track days or weekends? Whats it cost?

Dylan

At the moment Dubai Autodrome runs all the track afternoon and evenings. There are four circuits we ride on...The riders are split into two groups, Group A for more experienced riders or racers and Group B for new comers and riders with less experience. Each group session lasts 20 mins!

Club circuit is 2.46km costs Dhirhams (Dhs)400. On this track both goups ride for 3 sessions each. Its the only circuit which has floodlights, very regularly used especially during summer and also used during CSS, 4 sessions each group.

National circuit is 3.56km costs Dhs600, 4 sessions each group.

International circuit is 4.29km costs Dhs750, 4 sessions each group.

Gp circuit is 5.39km cost Dhs850 , 4 sessions each group. Its the longest circuit, held atleast twice a year.

Click here to view track configurations:

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/general/trkinfo.aspx

Click here to view Events Calendar at Dubai Autodrome:

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/general/content.aspx?id=88

They hold atleast 2 to 3 tracks days per month. It really depends on how many riders register for the day in advnace, they need a minimum of 15 riders. The issue is every1's off during the weekend (friday & saturday) and Autodrome organises alot of events on the weekends, so they only book motorcycle track days when available.

Kawasaki rents out bikes for track days and also during CSS clinics. Its Dhs 1500/day + deposit Dhs 7000 which is fully refunded, its just you incase you drop the bike. Bikes are in really good condition and set up for the track.

Click here to contact Kawasaki in Dubai (not sharjah!) Speak with Jim Drane the Manager of Liberty Autos in Dubai:

http://www.libertykawasaki.com/

In the future we hope to ride on the Yas Marina Track which is now open is Abu Dhabi (capital of United Arab Emirates) Its not clear when since it is a F1 track only! If all goes well we might even have CSS Traning us at Yas Marina (never know)!

Hope this helps!