Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I have only recently discovered the CSS world of motorcycle riding (training books-courses-video etc). I am hooked on the resources I have discovered so far – its good to know there is a systematic approach to learning better riding technique.

I live in Dunedin, New Zealand: unfortunately there is no CSS school.

I have had a couple of track days + completed an advanced motorcycle riding course but still feel my actual handling of the bike is mostly brute force and lots of luck.

My first road bike was a 1971 650 BSA lightening that I purchased back in 1976. Most of my riding has been recreational. I recently decided to have a go on the track and took out a stock – 1983 Honda vf750. I found the experience profoundly exciting – I think it actually altered my DNA - I am keen to return.

I have since purchased an Aprilia RSV Mille (2002) – primarily for road use but I have taken it out on the track. While I could accuse the VF of handling issues I can’t do the same with the RSV. Instead I quickly became aware that my riding skills are pretty weak.

I am keen to improve my current style – there are no courses available to me so I am doing the next best thing – regular practice + hoping to gain some feedback from folks on this site.

Looking forward to gain some insightful answers to a few questions.

Regards

Russell

Gday Russell,

The school is just a short hop across the water, welcome to the forum, plus Im not sure if Steve, Adam and the rest of the team get to new zealand to often you should drop the Oz school a line and see. :)

Dylan

Gday Russell,

The CSS NZ school has recently started operations and there will actually be a school on Wed and another on Thur this week on the new Hampton Downs track!

Give Darren (the NZ Director) a buzz soon on:

Ph: (09) 412 6266

Ph: (021) 105 2664

Let us know how you go mate, amazing timing!!!!

Cheers

JasonBW

Hi Everyone,

I have only recently discovered the CSS world of motorcycle riding (training books-courses-video etc). I am hooked on the resources I have discovered so far – its good to know there is a systematic approach to learning better riding technique.

I live in Dunedin, New Zealand: unfortunately there is no CSS school.

I have had a couple of track days + completed an advanced motorcycle riding course but still feel my actual handling of the bike is mostly brute force and lots of luck.

My first road bike was a 1971 650 BSA lightening that I purchased back in 1976. Most of my riding has been recreational. I recently decided to have a go on the track and took out a stock – 1983 Honda vf750. I found the experience profoundly exciting – I think it actually altered my DNA - I am keen to return.

I have since purchased an Aprilia RSV Mille (2002) – primarily for road use but I have taken it out on the track. While I could accuse the VF of handling issues I can’t do the same with the RSV. Instead I quickly became aware that my riding skills are pretty weak.

I am keen to improve my current style – there are no courses available to me so I am doing the next best thing – regular practice + hoping to gain some feedback from folks on this site.

Looking forward to gain some insightful answers to a few questions.

Regards

Russell