Hi Everyone

Hello everyone. My name is Allison and I'm from Maine. Been riding a few years, mostly cruizers but have a new K9 Hayabusa. Just bought Twist of the Wrist II DVD and love it. Now I need to get Twist of the Wrist I DVD and both Twist of the Wrist books ASAP. Would love to attend one of your schools but living in Maine a trip to NJ is just out of my financial range at this point in time. If I ever can make it to one of the schools on the East coast can I use my Busa or would it be better to rent one of your bikes?

Hi Allison,

Welcome to our forum, where you'll find lots of really great people, loads of wonderful, informative banter, debate and discussion, and people happy to share with you their thoughts on what works, what doesn't. Their experiences are worth the time sitting a sifting through the posts alone.

Feel free to ask any questions you have, you'll not be short of people wanting to respond and provide you with input!

Bullet

Welcome to the forum Allison, I have never ridden a Hayabusa so I can't recommend it one way or the other but I can tell you 2 things:

First, we have had students of all types riding pretty much every bike imaginable. Second, I am a very big fan of the s1000rr as a motorcycle in general and specifically as a motorcycle to be used for training. I have seen students benefit from the DTC by having it kick in to assist a rider error and also by having it kick in at set lean angles to raise a riders awareness of his/her lean angle.

Whichever way you decide to go I believe you will be very pleased with the improvements in your riding.

Hi Allison,

You have already been welcomed, so I'll just do +1 to that. :)

Lyle also gave a good comment on your bike vs our bike. The 1000's are amazing, and nice to ride, but if you would get to a school sooner riding your own, then do that.

The books and DVD's are great resources, let us know how it goes with those, any comments or parts of your riding that you had some success using the info, we love to hear about it.

Done a lot of riding at Loudon, but never made it up to Maine, hope to at some point.

Best,

Cobie

Love the Twist II DVD. Watched it for the second time yesterday. I see now why my early corner entry points were giving me such problems. I'm really working on later entry points now which has helped my cornering not to mention being able to see the apex better around blind corners on roads I've never been on before. I was also downshifting and engine braking without using the brakes at all or after my downshifts. Also working on using two fingers on the throttle while I brake and downshift. Not sure if I'm over reving the bike on downshifts but now that I'm conscious of it I can try and see how many r's I'm turning when I downshift. Can't wait until my Twist I DVD and book arrives along with my Twist II book to go along with the Twist II DVD I already have. I have a lot of respect for the Tq of my Busa so I've been working on being super smooth with the throttle especially with all the potholes and sand on Maine's roads right now. Need to get my sag and suspension setting adjusted for these horrible Maine roads ASAP. Time for a ride to practice! ;)

Brakding and downshifting is a good skill to have, for sure can be mastered with some practice. More info on that in the books. Here is one pointer: do the lion's share of the braking first, then the engine doesn't have to be blipped as high (and it's loads easier on the machine).

Keep us posted on how it goes!

CF