Two Levels In Two Days

im doing level one in june the 8th at silverstone now i want two do level two but not sure weather to book it the next day :unsure: im a bit confused weather i would take it all in any help thanks

I was going to do the same, in the end booked my level 2 2 weeks later in May. Mine was due to me not thinking it through and booking level one on the 23rd april. By the time i got round to booking level 2 all the places had gone on the 22nd and 23rd duh !!!!

Might be a bit tiring? especially if you have to travel a distance to silverstone.

Paul

i got about a one hour ride mate .but was thinking of getting a travel inn . like u say u have to be pretty fast to book it im not far from u im in hatfield herts

just booked 10th may brands now level 1 .then level 2 june happy days dont think my wife is :lol:

Hi guys,

2 levels in two days is possible, and we have many students who do exactly this. Is it reccomended? Well, it depends on how well you're able to deal with the physical exertion, and how good you are at picking up new skills.

When I did the school as a student in 2001, I did levels 1 and 2 together, and I'll be honest, by the end of day 2, my head was fried, and nothing more would go in. That said, that's me, and what I was able to take in. There are students that lap it up and want more, each to their own I guess.

Personally, and it' just my opinion, I think most students, (unless they goto the 2 day camps which are absolutley awesome, as you get more time on track with which to practice), are probably better served to split their days from each other, do a level, go away practice, then come back and do some more and build on what they've learned. I appreciate that in the US, with distances to tracks being so large, this may not be really practical, but in the UK, I think it works well to split the days.

Like I say, and opinion, not a rule.

Bullet

I have a little different view on this than Bullet.

The first day for most riders is a huge change, a big adjustment: for many it's the first time on track. Then getting used to the way the school works, interacting with your coach, getting to know the track itself--all pretty big changes.

Doing 2 days back to back here are some of the things we've seen:

1. The student is not in a hurry. This can really be a factor--they know they have another day, they don't push themselves too hard, don't "try and get it all in one day."

2. Sometimes we learn a bit about the student, and how we can interact with that student better, maybe one coach will go a little better with a certain kind of person. This is not often an issue, but can happen where we find a better way to work with him, use a different coach.

3. It's intensive training (really) and they students are kept immersed in it for 2 days. Rather than go away, come back and have to re-learn some of the material from the first day again, they are really IN it, if you know what I mean.

In my opinion we get a better overall result with 2 back to back days, but this might not be the case with everyone. Sometimes it's a bit too much information, but if the student stays in good communication with the coach, that can get tailored and worked out nicely.

Best,

Cobie

The first day for most riders is a huge change, a big adjustment: for many it's the first time on track. Then getting used to the way the school works, interacting with your coach, getting to know the track itself--all pretty big changes.

1. The student is not in a hurry. This can really be a factor--they know they have another day, they don't push themselves too hard, don't "try and get it all in one day."

2. Sometimes we learn a bit about the student, and how we can interact with that student better, maybe one coach will go a little better with a certain kind of person. This is not often an issue, but can happen where we find a better way to work with him, use a different coach.

3. It's intensive training (really) and they students are kept immersed in it for 2 days. Rather than go away, come back and have to re-learn some of the material from the first day again, they are really IN it, if you know what I mean.

In my opinion we get a better overall result with 2 back to back days, but this might not be the case with everyone. Sometimes it's a bit too much information, but if the student stays in good communication with the coach, that can get tailored and worked out nicely.

Best,

Cobie

You can see why he's the boss worldwide can't ya.. :lol:

Valid points, some of which I didn't consider.

Bullet

just booked 10th may brands now level 1 .then level 2 june happy days dont think my wife is :lol:

Hey Nic, I will also be at Brands Hatch on May 10th. Level 2 though...

I will be on a silver, black and red Honda CBR600. Seeya there!!!

nice one ive got a zx6r green and black .dont look at my chicking stipes will u :lol: level one for me i can only get better

I did levels 1 and 2 over a weekend and was glad I did.. Yeah I was pretty beat by the end of day 2 but I found that on my final session of day 1 I was going quite a bit faster however I kept in the back of my mind that I'd be back tomorrow so I didn't push as much as I probably would have..

I was lucky enough to have Cobie as my coach for day 1 and he recommended Pete for my second day as he thought he'd be a good fit for me, which he was, so that could be a benefit from doing back-to-back..

nice one ive got a zx6r green and black .dont look at my chicking stipes will u :lol: level one for me i can only get better

We all have to start at Level 1 mate!!! That's the only way I am now doing 2 & 3!!!

And I have not ridden on a track since last year, and having ridden throughout winter this year, so chicken strips are expected!!! hahaha

If my tyres did not have chicken strips I would probably replace them as I would surely think that something was wrong with them!!!

hey mate not as wide has my chicken stipes :( just hope sum one can help me on level one. two get the bike two lean with me im doing sum think wrong but i cannot work it out . mite buy sum different tyres at the school two see how i get on im not very brave with my bridgestones at the mo

hey mate not as wide has my chicken stipes :( just hope sum one can help me on level one. two get the bike two lean with me im doing sum think wrong but i cannot work it out . mite buy sum different tyres at the school two see how i get on im not very brave with my bridgestones at the mo

Well, if anyone can help you it is these guys!! They will look at your throttle control, the way you steer the bike, they will ensure that you are not putting unnecessary input into the handlbars, and they will give you the 2-step, turn points and the quick turn to allow you better lines with which you can safely lean her over... After my Level 1 I felt great and my riding improved ALOT!!

Everything you learn at school though, it is now your responsibility to practice the drills and apply them to your everyday riding, in order to make the lessons a part of your riding and not just something you worked on for a day...

I have Bridgestones on my bike, BT-021... I like the sound of the what the new BT-023's offer though...

Other than that, I think I need a softer hypersport tyre and not the sport-touring that I have now... I originally put sport touring on because we were riding to Germany to ride the Nurburgring, and I did not want to have squared off tyres for my first track experience...

I liked the school's Dunlops on their R6 as I rented for Level 1...

Nic,

Well get you going in the right direction. Just getting the bike so it's predictable and stable is a huge part of it, and you'll get that just in level 1.

CF

yep stable thats how i dont feel on my bike not a nice feeling . i think u have work me out already :o

Best,

Cobie

You can see why he's the boss worldwide can't ya.. :lol:

Valid points, some of which I didn't consider.

Bullet

I still tend to agree with Bullet. If the travel isn't a problem, like in the UK, I reckon to get more out of 2 separate days, with the opportunity to think it through and practice in between. I certainly would want to do levels 2 & 3 in succession because level 3 is so physically tiring if you're as unfit as me. Get down that gym now CBRkid.

Muppett

I still tend to agree with Bullet. If the travel isn't a problem, like in the UK, I reckon to get more out of 2 separate days, with the opportunity to think it through and practice in between. I certainly would want to do levels 2 & 3 in succession because level 3 is so physically tiring if you're as unfit as me. Get down that gym now CBRkid.

Muppett

Well, I am not an athlete, but I only weigh 165lbs... So, hopefully I will get through it ok...

I know it will be demanding, but I "think it through" every day, every ride, even on my couch, and in my bed!!! but I need to know what to think through and what to practice... I fear that bad habits are creeping in, and I need the track time and the drills to allow me to focus on what I need to work on...

Plus, when I did Level 1 Silverstone, I could have EASILY done another day. And would love to be able to go away just for the evening, and think through the track and the sensations I experienced, in order to give it another shot the next day...

Hey, if 2 days back to back was totally not advisable I am sure that there would be no 2-day camps, right?!?!

But yeah, Muppet, I will pick up the kettlebells again from tomorrow... lotsa squats are in order!!! I was reading your note, and before I saw my name, I was like, damn, this guy sounds like he is talking to ME!! Waitamminit, he IS talking about me!!!

Another thing, I just LOVE to ride. So 2 days with CSS is something I have been looking forward to for many months now (since level 1)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!!

EDIT - REasons I think 2 days back to back is good for me:

1. I am HUNGRY for more riding information... I will eat up everything taught and ask for more!!!

2. If I get Level 2 and 3 done, then it is that much closer to Level 4, and I already KNOW a few things I need to work on and that is only after Level 1!!

3. Brands Hatch. Nuf said.

We had a few students this last series of schools, having a hard time breaking some old habits. In their cases, 2 days back to back worked way better.

CF