I Ride A Bmw R 1200 R, Is The School Right For Me

my friends at BMW of Manhattan recommended the school to me last week, i'm an avid rider living in southampton NY, relocating to California this winter. i ride a BMW r 1200 r (naked standard) and love it. i've also participated in the motorgiro d'italia this year riding through the Italian Alps on a Yamaha TDM 900; trip of a lifetime. nothing makes me happier on a bike than the twisties so i'm definitely interested in refining my cornering techniques and becomming more skilled and safe. is the school right for me since i'm not a 'superbike' rider?

thanks!post-17570-1284556721_thumb.jpg

my friends at BMW of Manhattan recommended the school to me last week, i'm an avid rider living in southampton NY, relocating to California this winter. i ride a BMW r 1200 r (naked standard) and love it. i've also participated in the motorgiro d'italia this year riding through the Italian Alps on a Yamaha TDM 900; trip of a lifetime. nothing makes me happier on a bike than the twisties so i'm definitely interested in refining my cornering techniques and becomming more skilled and safe. is the school right for me since i'm not a 'superbike' rider?

thanks!post-17570-1284556721_thumb.jpg

rebobd. The school is for anybody who wants to improve the riding skills at any level. Being a track person or a street person does not matter.

The key, as it has been mentioned before by the experts, everybody can go fast on the straightaway. The key is entering and getting out of the corners. You will learn the techniques of cornering plus other skills that go along with it. I just took level one in August and I am practicing the terchniques I learned at that level. Planning to take Level 2 and 3 at the beginning of next year (spring time). I am not a track person. I am a street rider. One thing I can tell you because the Level 1 class, I am more concious of what I am doing and why. I feel confident approching, entering and getting out of corners. I know what the do's and don'ts of cornering and the consequences of each one. I know I need more visual skills and better body position , but level one introduced me to the fisrt phase: (two steps) along with throttle control, lines, flipping, etc. and believe me it made me a better rider. Defenitely taken the classes it is a plus. You won't be disapointed. Hope I answered your question.

Regards.

The razor.

Hi rebobd,

Razor put it nicely. It's really a cornering school. Most will be on sport bikes of one kind or another, but we do get all kinds of street bikes, your's will fit right in. Some enjoy trying the S1000 out, it's a lot of fun to ride (and not overwhelming when in the lower mode).

Hope you can make it out! Southampton is a great place, worked there for a summer.

Best,

Cobie

Hi Rebobd,

We have a high percentage of students bring their own bike to our schools in Australia, probably 80% or more, and there are ALWAYS a handful of your style of bike, and often a couple of that exact model.

If twisties are your thing, you'll love it.

I just LOVE the BMW R1200R. To my eye, and to my arms, naked standards are just the best looking, most comfortable bikes out there. I like touring bikes, but LOVE standards. Yours, by the way, looks great in black. So, if you're like me and love to ride, CSS is a great place to learn more about riding. I have the books and video and those help a lot. So does the feedback from the forum. On the other hand, I am very much looking forward to riding with CSS in 2011 at VIR. A good coach can watch you ride one lap and find areas for improvement you didn't even know you had! I think you would really enjoy a day (or three) with the good people at CSS.