The Latest

Hi All,

The east coast trip ended, but really there wasn't much of a break before we just rolled into the fall schedule of a few days in town, then 4 days at the track, repeat. We can't really complain though, had great weather and schools lately (2 more no crash days at Laguna, we like that).

The bikes continue to impress. Before the road trip we had a 60$ reduction in crashes from last year on the 600's. Quite a few have e-mailed and told us they have gone and gotten the bikes after riding them at the school. Can't recall if I said this, but one guy called his BMW dealer at lunch (on his first day) and bought the bike over the phone, excellent! If you come and ride one, don't say you haven't been warned! :).

On that note, shameless plug: schools coming up at the Streets (Oct 7-8, 9 and 10) aren't quite full, you might be able to sweet talk the guys in the office into a nice deal. If nothing else, call the office and chat with us, we actually are in the US, we like talking to people and we know what we are talking about--weird, I know.

Got back from Laguna on Thursday night late, had a party on Friday (my 50th). Some great artwork came out of that, everyone had to do a drawing (no just sitting on your butt getting drunk). Now, if I could just scan it in and get it up, maybe Facebookie? I'll see if my son can help, not likely I'll do it.

OK, there are my 2 cents, now going to get caught up on what you guys have been posting!

Best,

Cobie

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from 2 days at Sears Pt (I find it hard to call it "Infineon", like I don't say "Mazda" Laguna Seca). Jaded, and old school, I know.

Fantastic weather, about as warm as I can recall having it up there at that time of year. That helped make for 2 excellent days of riding.

We had 2 of our foriegn coaches in town, one from the UK and one from Oz. Excellent coaches and riders, they loved the BMW's (unofficially of course :)).

In town for a whole week, then back out to the Streets for Oct 23-24, then CODERACE following that. The fall schools are some of my favorites, weather is nice, the team is working very well, nice time to be at the track.

Got a few things I've been meaning to bring up on the forum, so I'll get some threads going but on that subject, I have a request: please let me know what you think on those subjects: interesting, like it, stupid, want to know more, agree, disagree, whatever.

Best,

Cobie

I guess I got tired of that other thread, and so making this the new one!

In the last few months since we have been back, had a good influx of our foreign coaches, from the UK and Oz. Really nice to have those guys around, they are so enthusiastic and into what we do, it's been a pleasure. Right now have the Chief Riding Coach from Oz up here, Adam. He's doing very well, moving along with his training while here, making excellent progress.

5 days at the Streets of Willow Springs is next, looks like weather will be excellent for that, a bunch of dry sunny days in the high sixties, I'll take it (warm your tires guys and girls!).

Starting to think about what we might do for the end of the year party, no decisions as of yet.

I'll toss in a quiz question, see if anyone is reading this: at what lean angle is does the traction control take effect on the S1000rr in Rain Mode?

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from 2 great days in Vegas.

One of the students said to me on the 2nd day, "there is a lot of money in that town!" He also won 2 grand there which paid for his school, nice going.

Weather was just postcard great, 2 excellent days of riding on the Classic course, going both directions (one one day, backwards the next).

We were on our way home, so missed out on whatever Vegas shennagins were happening on Halloween, but some of the staff did an outstanding job of wearing costumes at the track...Trevor, were is that picture?

Even Keith was dressed up, hilarious!

CF

Just back from 2 great days in Vegas.

One of the students said to me on the 2nd day, "there is a lot of money in that town!" He also won 2 grand there which paid for his school, nice going.

Weather was just postcard great, 2 excellent days of riding on the Classic course, going both directions (one one day, backwards the next).

We were on our way home, so missed out on whatever Vegas shennagins were happening on Halloween, but some of the staff did an outstanding job of wearing costumes at the track...Trevor, were is that picture?

Even Keith was dressed up, hilarious!

CF

Got to see those pictures....