On Track With Some Of The Top Guys In The World!

Since I have taken up riding track days I have met, been on track with and had advice and pointers from some of the top riders in the world, these include

Randy Mamola,

Nial Mackenzie,

James Whitham,

Simon Crafar,

Jeremy Mcwilliams,

Bullet

Alex Debon,

Stuart Easton,

and a good few more and they have always been very approachable and happy to talk with you, next week I will be doing my last day of the year and one of my all time favourite riders John McGuinness is going to be there with Nial Mackenzie, at my local track.

Really the point I was making with this post is, isn't it amazing that you can get the opportunity to chat with guys like this about bikes, lines, etc etc, I dont think there's many other sports you could take up where you get the chance to talk with the top guys about it!

Bobby

Since I have taken up riding track days I have met, been on track with and had advice and pointers from some of the top riders in the world, these include

Randy Mamola,

Nial Mackenzie,

James Whitham,

Simon Crafar,

Jeremy Mcwilliams,

Bullet

Alex Debon,

Stuart Easton,

and a good few more and they have always been very approachable and happy to talk with you, next week I will be doing my last day of the year and one of my all time favourite riders John McGuinness is going to be there with Nial Mackenzie, at my local track.

Really the point I was making with this post is, isn't it amazing that you can get the opportunity to chat with guys like this about bikes, lines, etc etc, I dont think there's many other sports you could take up where you get the chance to talk with the top guys about it!

Bobby

I suggest you might want take me out of the list, though it did make me laugh a lot. They're all way quicker than me son, way. wink.gif I'd put money on me being a better coach than a lot of them though. cool.gif Being able to go quick, doesn't neccesarily mean you're a good coach. biggrin.gif

You've definitely met some cool people though, I grant you. Mcguiness seems like a really nice bloke, let us know how it goes.

Bullet.

• 2 weeks later...

Randy Mamola,

Nial Mackenzie,

James Whitham,

Simon Crafar,

Jeremy Mcwilliams,

Bullet

Alex Debon,

Stuart Easton,

Bobby

I suggest you might want take me out of the list, though it did make me laugh a lot. They're all way quicker than me son, way. wink.gif I'd put money on me being a better coach than a lot of them though. cool.gif Being able to go quick, doesn't neccesarily mean you're a good coach. biggrin.gif

You've definitely met some cool people though, I grant you. Mcguiness seems like a really nice bloke, let us know how it goes.

Bullet.

Bullet,

For the exact reason you said, is what puts you on that list, "being a better coach than them" of that I have absolutely no doubt.

I did think seeing your name on that list would make you laugh though!

Bobby

Randy Mamola,

Nial Mackenzie,

James Whitham,

Simon Crafar,

Jeremy Mcwilliams,

Bullet

Alex Debon,

Stuart Easton,

Bobby

Bullet.

Bullet,

For the exact reason you said, is what puts you on that list, "being a better coach than them" of that I have absolutely no doubt.

I did think seeing your name on that list would make you laugh though!

Bobby

Bobby,

It did indeed make me laugh, it was very funny and very kind of you to say so. The reality my friend, is any of the guys/girls qualified around the world are all just as good and in many cases much better coaches than I. There are some unbelievably good people, their observation skills and ability to disect rider issues is simply unbelieveable, to the point sometimes I am aghast myself.

Lovely compliment, thanks, funny and tongue in cheek as it was, I'm kinda middle of the road at best really (in an exceptional team).

Bullet

Ace and Bullet,

For sure the motorcycling crowd is a pretty good one as a group, or that's my opinion at any rate.

I've said this before, but not sure if up here:

In 30 years of doing schools at the track, if something has been stolen out of our truck(s), we don't know about it.

Pretty nice commentary on riders, isn't it?

CF

In 30 years of doing schools at the track, if something has been stolen out of our truck(s), we don't know about it.

Pretty nice commentary on riders, isn't it?

CF

That's one of the best thing about the community; those wanting to get better, race, trackdays, ride safely, etc. I remember a youTube about this very thing - how everyone at a race and/or trackday will help with whatever... tools, parts, etc. Without hanging on anyone's nuts, I had one of the best times at a TrackXperience trackday; came over to invite me to a bbq and made it feel like I knew everyone for years. Friendship, comradeship, extended family, and extreme competitiveness .... how many sports or activities can say that B) If I'm gonna beat yo ass, it ain't gonna be 'cause you didn't have everything needed, to try :ph34r::D

• 1 month later...

hello all

i had a couple of 3 lap little runs with tommy hill at cadwell on my 99 r-6 in the dry this year . just pure luck i didn,t book him for a sesh but i came past his session guys at the right time and he re passed me and had a bit of fun . he was on a brand new gixxer thou road bike ( a suzuki promo day via a local dealer )

had a chat and laugh with him after and i took it as a compliment that he found me again in the next sesh for a few laps in close company he even let me pass him a couple of times , before walking away into the distance . but he was just playing and on a jolly , lit up the rear a few times , very impressive .

Nice guy though had a chat and he gave me a couple of tips around cadwell to try . shame he had an unfortunate end to his bsb season .