Hello...

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and CSS. I attended two days at VIR back in August and had a blast. Can't wait to get back next year for level III and IV!

Been riding for about 22 years but have been off the bikes for the last 5 years (marriage, kids, job; those in the know understand!). Got started again this year to teach my two boys how to ride (my daughter surprisingly is not interested). Purchased a couple of dirt bikes for them and then one for myself (of course!). Also decided to buy a S1000RR to get back into street riding. DIdn't take long to realize the bike was capable of a lot more than I was so made the decision to go to CSS.

Currently I'm rigging the BMW for track days. Have added frame sliders and Dunlop Q2's. Would appreciate advice on other equipment recomendations.

Thanks for giving me a chance to say, "Hello!".

post-17774-128854392333_thumb.jpg

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bikes.

As for the Beemer, Will (the chief CSS mechanic) is probably a good source of info on the bike. What kind of equipment are you looking for, and how much "rigging" are you looking to do?

Regards,

Kai

Hi Kai,

Thanks for the lead on contacting Will.

I plan to ride this bike on the street but would like to rig it for the track for use at track days. I've joined NESBA and they have a pretty good list of what is required to be done. One thing I wonder about is safety wiring the oil drain plug. On the BMW, the plug is flush mounted (concave hex) so not sure exactly how to make this track ready.

I figure the CSS guys are very familiar with the S1000RR and can list their parts and suppliers.

Welcome to the forum!

If your messing with the pegs, rearsets etc get the bmw quickshifter set up, these thing are eating gearboxes but if left with the standard footpegs there doesn't seem to be a problem!

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and CSS. I attended two days at VIR back in August and had a blast. Can't wait to get back next year for level III and IV!

Been riding for about 22 years but have been off the bikes for the last 5 years (marriage, kids, job; those in the know understand!). Got started again this year to teach my two boys how to ride (my daughter surprisingly is not interested). Purchased a couple of dirt bikes for them and then one for myself (of course!). Also decided to buy a S1000RR to get back into street riding. DIdn't take long to realize the bike was capable of a lot more than I was so made the decision to go to CSS.

Currently I'm rigging the BMW for track days. Have added frame sliders and Dunlop Q2's. Would appreciate advice on other equipment recomendations.

Thanks for giving me a chance to say, "Hello!".

Hi David,

Just wanted to "officially" say hello, and welcome.

Best,

CF

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum..!!

Some tank pads or grip would be beneficial as well as case covers. R&G make some really nice case covers, and they've been holding up well for us. http://www.rg-racing...00_RR/2010.aspx

I've also found that the stock suspension works okay, but a little soft at speed (I'm 150lbs). Definitely ensure you setup the bike for your weight, also known as "rider sag". Do that first before you decide to spend $ on suspension changes.

Cheers,

Thanks Pete! I've ordered the tank grips and engine covers from the vendors listed on the CSS site.

I weigh 167 lbs. Do you think the stock suspension settings be closer to correct for me? I have made no changes but probably need to do so.

Thanks Pete! I've ordered the tank grips and engine covers from the vendors listed on the CSS site.

I weigh 167 lbs. Do you think the stock suspension settings be closer to correct for me? I have made no changes but probably need to do so.

The stock setting might be a bit too soft. Setting sag would be the first step. Are you familiar on how to do that? I could help you along, and give you some base settings. Also, which tracks are you looking to do? If it was a fast smooth track, you might want it on the stiffer side, or softer on a slower bumpier track.

I've got the document that was provided by CSS on setting suspension prior to bringing your own bike to class. I was planning to follow those recommendations however, if you have something better, please send it my way.

I've only ridden at VIR and expect to return there when winter ends.

THANKS!

I've got the document that was provided by CSS on setting suspension prior to bringing your own bike to class. I was planning to follow those recommendations however, if you have something better, please send it my way.

I've only ridden at VIR and expect to return there when winter ends.

THANKS!

That document should work. There is also a short video on the Twist II DVD.

Cheers,