Trying To Get Near Or Brake The Lap Record

nobody

I was struggling at the beginning of the year because my for arm was getting way tiered after only 3 laps ( the thing is I am in good shape ) and I am relaxed in my riding ( doing the chicken dance every now and then ) so I finally found out what is the problem, the suit was too tight ( not on the body but on the arms ) so I got back in my old suit and all is well and can do about 15 laps then I can get tiered.

In my last run I was able to get 1:24.4 on the track ( the record is 1:21.2 ) it does not look far from the record but it is.

i am a good late braker so that is my advantage on the other guys but I am braking at the same point as they are ( just wanted to know where do they brake ).

One of the problems that I have is turning, now it is not that big problem but when you are braking hard and bike is not stable it is very hard to have the confidence to turn. I trail brake when it is possible and they tires are amazing, I got in to the 1:24s with tires that had 140+ laps on them ( about 80 of them was fallowing and shooting videos of the slow guys to help them see what are they doing wrong.

But I know for a fact that I am a faster guy, in one turn I touch the brake slightly just to get the front down to turn faster.

the other problem is that i do not have the hart to charge the turns with throttle so that is one more thing that is slowing me down.

Here is a video of my lap and opinions and advices are welcome

I'm definitely not a coach but it seems like you're running a little wide through most of those corners. That can really prevent you from getting on the throttle for a fast exit. You seemed to have an especially hard time entering turn 5 at :40 seconds. You charged into the corner pretty deep, had a hard time reaching the apex, and that prevented you from opening the throttle sooner. Its no where near 3.3 seconds worth of time but it might be a start. I could be completely wrong as well tongue.gif.

I'm definitely not a coach but it seems like you're running a little wide through most of those corners. That can really prevent you from getting on the throttle for a fast exit. You seemed to have an especially hard time entering turn 5 at :40 seconds. You charged into the corner pretty deep, had a hard time reaching the apex, and that prevented you from opening the throttle sooner. Its no where near 3.3 seconds worth of time but it might be a start. I could be completely wrong as well tongue.gif.

It looks like Fajita is right. Looking at the video you are taken a wide turning point. Also, Are you flipping on the turns.

sorry but i did not under stand: Are you flipping on the turns?

Are you turning the bike as fast as you can. I guess the right term is flick. Both of them has the same meaning. Turn quickly and effortlessly. I am sorry for my Spanglish.

Have you taken level I. I think it is session 3 where this subject is covered. If you have not I recommend you to do so. It is worth the money. You will never regret it.

Regards.

Hi nobody,

Very nice track. Is that the Reem track in Saudi Arabia?

I'm going to label the turns as they appear in the video and with timestamps, i.e. the first corner on the video is T1 at 0:00, which is the final corner on the track before the straight.

T1 (0:00) - you don't seem to sue the full width of the track here. You should be able to add more throttle and use the last couple of meters.

T2 (0:23) - How many gears are you dropping down here and when? - I'm getting the feeling that you're quite busy at braking and don't get set gear settled properly as the rpms sounds fairly low for an inline-4. Have you tried dropping an extra gear down?

T3 (0:32) - the angle from the camera (on the right side of the bike?) may cheat, but I an unsure of whether you are making it all the way to the inside of the track at the apex.

T4 (0:36) - here you are clearly not using all of the track. Also notice that the engine pitch is constant - a tell-tale sign of a constant throttle. What does that Throttle Control Rule #1 say again?

T5 (0:45) - Again the downshift: sounds like you're engine braking going into the turn. Where's the throttle blip? Again you are very wide out from the inside curb, making your path unnecessarily long around the track.

T6 (0:55) - you are totally blowing the inside apex here. you're probably dropping 1/3 of the track width on the inside.

T7 (1:03) - again, the apex is missed.

T8 (1:08) - good tight apex.

T9 (1:15) - Missing the apex. Also, the throttle is constant in the middle of the turn.

T10 (1:20) - Apex again. Constant throttle for a large part of the turn (could be for a good reason, though, as the following straight is very short)

T11 (1:25) - same turn as the first "T1" turn. Here you are using the track to the edge, but you start out too wide, so you're again not utilizing the full width of the track from inside to outside. Since this turn is leading out to the longest straight, this is the most important turn to get right in order to lower your laptimes.

Dave and Razor have talked about how quickly you're leaning, so I'll leave that to those gentlemen.

I hope that you find my comments useful.

Regards,

Kai

Hi Nobody,

Have you read the Twist 2 book, or seen the DVD? At one point Kai mentions Throttle Control Rule #1, do you know what he is referring to?

Best,

Cobie

The only thing I see is that you may be slightly drifting in on a couple of corners. I know because I have a video where I drift into every corner. It happens when you're looking into the next turn while still going straight. You go where you look and even though you're riding straight to get to your turn point, you're looking into the corner so you drift in a little. I started making paint or something way on the outside as my turn point and made sure I went all the way over it, and it's worked so far. All I KNOW is that I couldn't keep up with you if you're that close to the record. Looks real good other than the few small things.

Hi nobody,

I'm going to label the turns as they appear in the video and with timestamps, i.e. the first corner on the video is T1 at 0:00, which is the final corner on the track before the straight.

T1 (0:00) - you don't seem to sue the full width of the track here. You should be able to add more throttle and use the last couple of meters.

T2 (0:23) - How many gears are you dropping down here and when? - I'm getting the feeling that you're quite busy at braking and don't get set gear settled properly as the rpms sounds fairly low for an inline-4. Have you tried dropping an extra gear down?

T3 (0:32) - the angle from the camera (on the right side of the bike?) may cheat, but I an unsure of whether you are making it all the way to the inside of the track at the apex.

T4 (0:36) - here you are clearly not using all of the track. Also notice that the engine pitch is constant - a tell-tale sign of a constant throttle. What does that Throttle Control Rule #1 say again?

T5 (0:45) - Again the downshift: sounds like you're engine braking going into the turn. Where's the throttle blip? Again you are very wide out from the inside curb, making your path unnecessarily long around the track.

T6 (0:55) - you are totally blowing the inside apex here. you're probably dropping 1/3 of the track width on the inside.

T9 (1:15) - Missing the apex. Also, the throttle is constant in the middle of the turn.

T10 (1:20) - Apex again. Constant throttle for a large part of the turn (could be for a good reason, though, as the following straight is very short)

T11 (1:25) - same turn as the first "T1" turn. Here you are using the track to the edge, but you start out too wide, so you're again not utilizing the full width of the track from inside to outside. Since this turn is leading out to the longest straight, this is the most important turn to get right in order to lower your laptimes.

Dave and Razor have talked about how quickly you're leaning, so I'll leave that to those gentlemen.

Regards,

Kai

Kai I was refering as how quick he is taken the turn and did not mention leaning. The time I've been on the track I use quick turn (session 3 Level I) and I always hit my apex. And it is because the speed on the track is faster than the speed on the street. If I just push the handle bar I end up wide. In any moment in my point of view I mentioned leaning. I mentioned turnig. Which is why I was refering to. Just for clarification.

Hi nobody,

Regards,

Kai

yes my friend this is Reem track and i have taken level 1, i will use your time above to explane what is happening:

T1 (0:00) i was getting a video of the guy in front of me when i decided to go for it.

T2 (0:23) i am going from 5th gear to 2nd after i start braking, and i brake late so the rear tire is not stable and i have to turn quick so i can make the turn.

T2 (0:23) i was not on the right side when i turned ( i was clumsy ) and there is a nasty bump in the middel of the turn that makes me nerves.

T4 (0:36) i did not open the throttle smoothly to the remanded of the turn just kept it slightly open. throwing the bike from side to side makes me nerves.

T4 (0:36) bliping the throttle is a very very difficult thing to do, and i do not know how to do it with braking so i just brake and down shift and since i late brake i have to wait for the bike to settle a bit then i turn it, that is why i ran wide.

T6 (0:55) i am trail braking at this turn that is why i do not just turn, i have to calm the bike to the turn.

T7 (1:03) i am just scared here, thinking that the bike will slide when i apply the throttle here.

T8 (1:08) thank you, last year i lost a podium position because my line was not that good so i have learned from my mistakes.

T9 (1:15) having trouble with this turn, some fast guys are not braking when they enter the turn but i just tutch the brake lever.

T10 (1:20) the straight after the turn is not that far from it and there is a bump when you turn so i get nerves.

T11 (1:25) i need HELP.

thank you for your help and opinion, i hope that i have explained some of my problems on the track. i am racing on Thursday hope i can do better.

yes my friend this is Reem track and i have taken level 1, i will use your time above to explane what is happening:

T1 (0:00) i was getting a video of the guy in front of me when i decided to go for it.

T2 (0:23) i am going from 5th gear to 2nd after i start braking, and i brake late so the rear tire is not stable and i have to turn quick so i can make the turn. Brake hard first then ease off as you ready to turn in

T2 (0:23) i was not on the right side when i turned ( i was clumsy ) and there is a nasty bump in the middel of the turn that makes me nerves.

T4 (0:36) i did not open the throttle smoothly to the remanded of the turn just kept it slightly open. throwing the bike from side to side makes me nerves. TC#1

T4 (0:36) bliping the throttle is a very very difficult thing to do, and i do not know how to do it with braking so i just brake and down shift and since i late brake i have to wait for the bike to settle a bit then i turn it, that is why i ran wide. Timing to get your shift down to your gear before you get to turn in point

T6 (0:55) i am trail braking at this turn that is why i do not just turn, i have to calm the bike to the turn. You need to calm down first

T7 (1:03) i am just scared here, thinking that the bike will slide when i apply the throttle here.

T8 (1:08) thank you, last year i lost a podium position because my line was not that good so i have learned from my mistakes.

T9 (1:15) having trouble with this turn, some fast guys are not braking when they enter the turn but i just tutch the brake lever. Some turns only require slight roll of the throttle, no brakes.

T10 (1:20) the straight after the turn is not that far from it and there is a bump when you turn so i get nerves. If the bump is not at your max lean why worry about it? Your bike has suspension for that.

T11 (1:25) i need HELP.

thank you for your help and opinion, i hope that i have explained some of my problems on the track. i am racing on Thursday hope i can do better.

IMO