Newbie Gears

Hey everyone attending css what is necessary if I wish to attend css 2day camp.I have read up css website but you know there are somethings that only someone who has been there can suggest or even one of the coaches that may slip the mind in hastewacko.gif.So a quick checklist is what I am looking for even the things that may be considered insignificant.

Hey everyone attending css what is necessary if I wish to attend css 2day camp.I have read up css website but you know there are somethings that only someone who has been there can suggest or even one of the coaches that may slip the mind in hastewacko.gif.So a quick checklist is what I am looking for even the things that may be considered insignificant.

With a 2 day camp, you can use their gear if you want, its included in the price. An open mind, and plenty of energy, it will flat wear you out. No matter what you think you know, they will make you a better rider.

I have attended the one day classes however, IMHO, CSS makes it very easy for a track newbie, at least they did for me. They can provide all of the safety gear and you can even use their bike. They supply food, water, and Gatorade throughout the day and it's even canopied so you can get out of the sun. In theory you could just show up rested and with the right attitude and have a great day.

That said I would make a few recommendations:

- take as much of your own gear as possible (assuming it meets the requirements) as your own gear should reduce possible distractions caused by unfamiliar gear

- take an awning or beach umbrella and some folding chairs if you can, it would be nice to have your own spot out of the sun to rest after track sessions

- if you are picky about food and snacks, pack accordingly, but CSS does a great job of making sure you are covered here

- get plenty of rest in advance and hydrate well the days leading up to the school, proper hydration has to be done in advance, not the day of (as a general rule if you wait until you are thirsty you are already dehydrated)

I found the environment to be very friendly and collegial so mix it up and introduce yourself. I saw many of the same folks at level 2 that I did at level 1 so get to know them. Mainly just go with the right attitude and you will have a blast and learn some valuable lessons!

Ride safe,

Carey

Good recommendations from Carey.

On the simple side, you could show up in your underwear with a credit card. The other students might not like that though :).

All the other suggestions are good. Fed and rested and hydrated, and keeping that up during the day, is critical. I'd toss in make sure you know how to get there and any questions on that, let us know.

If something comes up during the day that we can help with, just ask.

Best,

CF

Good recommendations from Carey.

On the simple side, you could show up in your underwear with a credit card. The other students might not like that though :).

All the other suggestions are good. Fed and rested and hydrated, and keeping that up during the day, is critical. I'd toss in make sure you know how to get there and any questions on that, let us know.

If something comes up during the day that we can help with, just ask.

Best,

CF

Ok thanks guys though may have to forget a few things as I am coming from abroad.Is it advisable to have a hydration pack in the aero hump of my race suit?

Hadn't seen those packs yet, interesting.

We normally can keep you hydrated, and give you electrolytes, you just have to stay ahead of the game with those.

CF

Archived