Tank Grip

When I was attending your school in last week, you were selling T shirts and other things, how can I get some of the tank pads you were using on the BMWs. I really like the grip I got with them. I also seen that you had some of the stomp grip pads on some of the instructor bikes. Is there a big difference between the 2 types of pads? I do not remember the name of the other pads. I went to the store link on the web site and all that is there are the books and videos which I already own.

Bart,

The school's student bikes have TechSpec tank grips (link). I happen to use them on my bike and like them but have not tried the Stomp Grip so I cant compare them directly. I can tell you what Cobie told me, which is that lots of riders like the more aggressive Stomp Grip on a track bike but the TechSpec is easier on your legs if you are street riding (ie in jeans not leathers).

Hope this helps,

Carey

Bart,

The school's student bikes have TechSpec tank grips (link). I happen to use them on my bike and like them but have not tried the Stomp Grip so I cant compare them directly. I can tell you what Cobie told me, which is that lots of riders like the more aggressive Stomp Grip on a track bike but the TechSpec is easier on your legs if you are street riding (ie in jeans not leathers).

Hope this helps,

Carey

Correcto. The Tech Spec guys have been working on a new pad, so we'll see what they come up with.

CF

I have the Stomp Grip tank pads on my bike and this past weekend rode the school's BMW which has the TechSpec. I personally would prefer the Stomp Grip. I feel that they provide a better grip out of the two. They are a little more aggressive in the way it is constructed, but nothing that is too irritating, even in jeans.

Ozzy

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have a friend that has the stomp grip so i am gonig to hook up with him this weekend and see what I think of them. I really liked the tech stuff that the school used, but have never tried the stomp grip. I am for sure getting something, my knees keep sliding on my bike when I am trying to lock them in.

Having some kind of tank grip pad would be about the first thing I'd do on a bike. I bought a dirt bike a few years ago (sadly it has been mostly sitting in the garage) and it even had some pads on it. I took a dirt school (what a surprise) and they had us using the tank quite a bit.

CF

Archived