New To Css

Hi everyone, I'm Patrick but most call me Pat. I don't have much to say right now. I am looking forward to going to Thunderbolt Sept 7-8. I'm sure I will have much to say after the 2 day camp.

Hi Pat!! Welcome!!

Welcome Pat! You will find some great information and some really good folks here. Don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions, post opinions, and just generally be a part of the fun. The attitudes on this forum are very supportive no matter what your level of expertise or style of riding.

Tell us abit about you and your riding. Have you been riding long? Are you a track rider looking to shave seconds off your lap times, a street ride looking to improve your skills, or a new rider looking to learn good habits from the start? What do you ride and what do you want to learn?

Good luck at Thunderbolt, I know you are going to have a blast!

Best,

Carey

+1!

How about a little info on yourself and riding? I'm gonna guess a Honda 1000--I know, I'm psychic :).

OK--so, where do you ride, what do you think you do well at with your riding and where would you like to improve?

Best,

Cobie

...I'm gonna guess a Honda 1000--I know, I'm psychic ...

Man you're good Cobieohmy.gif... I guess I should have paid better attention to Pat's username. tongue.gif

Welcome, Pat. How do you like that big Honda? I've heard they are very pleasant to ride. Are you a track day rider, racer, wannabe racer or street rider?

More people than you would think use their big sport bike for commuting and weekend trips. I know more than one guy who has thrown soft luggage on a Hayabusa and traveled all over the country.

Welcome, Pat. How do you like that big Honda? I've heard they are very pleasant to ride. Are you a track day rider, racer, wannabe racer or street rider?

More people than you would think use their big sport bike for commuting and weekend trips. I know more than one guy who has thrown soft luggage on a Hayabusa and traveled all over the country.

I can tell you he rode that thing from Jacksonville NC to Beaufort SC and back when we had to go down there to provide some training. Made my back hurt just thinking about it...

Well thanks everyone.. I've been riding since I was 8 years old on and off. This is my second sport bike I had a GSXR750 back a few years ago before I moved to Spain. Now that I'm back in the states I wanted something bigger. I never rode on a real track I'm looking forward to it. I have done a few AMOS and ARTD. That’s the closes I got to ride my bike the way it’s meant to ridden. I'm currently working on becoming a certified Rider coach and the Level 1 and 2 is part of it. I love to ride and I love to watch people improve their riding after 1 ARTD. Today I actually stated to look at 2 piece leather suit because I have a felling after riding on the track for 2 days I will probably want to do it more with my bike.. As far as the ride from NC to SC yeah I think I had a few knotted muscles in my back for 2 days but it was a good time and I would do it again. As for what I want to learn well I always though I was a good rider until Pete and Lonnie flagged me a few times in turns to tell me I was doing some bad things that could cause big problems" lean and throttle at the same time" NOT GOOD.. I did loose traction once :o

SO I would tell anyone if you think you know it all about riding you probably don't but having Pro's watching you and telling you what your doing good or bad is a great thing to have.

Pat

Archived