Just Book My Level 4 At Phillip Island

Hey guys, just booked my level 4 at Phillip Island which is going to be awesome. Can't wait - December is so far away!! And hopefully it wont be pissing down with rain like last year. Just wanted to know what to expect out of the day. I know there's a questionnaire to fill out at the start. Is it then a case of the instructor will follow me round in my first session to see what needs working on?

And I was told that you dont have to wait til your session to go out - so does that mean i can have my "instructor session" then go straight back out and work on what we talk about in the debrief?

Also my current track bike is fitted with slicks (pirelli superbike pros), will there be anywhere I can hook up a set of warmers? does it cost any extra?

Hey guys, just booked my level 4 at Phillip Island which is going to be awesome. Can't wait - December is so far away!! And hopefully it wont be pissing down with rain like last year. Just wanted to know what to expect out of the day. I know there's a questionnaire to fill out at the start. Is it then a case of the instructor will follow me round in my first session to see what needs working on?

And I was told that you dont have to wait til your session to go out - so does that mean i can have my "instructor session" then go straight back out and work on what we talk about in the debrief?

Also my current track bike is fitted with slicks (pirelli superbike pros), will there be anywhere I can hook up a set of warmers? does it cost any extra?

You never used the garages before? Normally just park it in one, they come around through the day and take your name and last time I checked it cost $10 per person. Only thing to be aware of is that groups pre book garages so just look out for an A4 sign on the garage door saying which ones are booked. Good weather today so hope it holds off and its sunny!!! but it is the Island.

Good luck

You never used the garages before? Normally just park it in one, they come around through the day and take your name and last time I checked it cost $10 per person. Only thing to be aware of is that groups pre book garages so just look out for an A4 sign on the garage door saying which ones are booked. Good weather today so hope it holds off and its sunny!!! but it is the Island.

Good luck

Ah sick as! cheers

I can only speak for US schools but since no one else has answered, I'll offer up some info with the expectation that the format is basically the same.

For Level 4 you fill out your questionnaire, and before your first ride your Level 4 consultant will go over your questionnaire with you, discuss it with you, and you will work together to come up with a customized plan for what to work on in your first session. This info will be given to your on-track coach. After your session, you will debrief with your on-track coach, then go to your "classroom session" which will be with your L4 consultant. You will discuss what to work on next, based on your feedback and your coach's observations.

You would still be in a particular on-track group, so your on-track session schedule will work like the other levels - in other words, you don't finish your discussion with your consultant and then just go straight onto the track, you will wait for your group to be called. Of course, if you are doing a 2-day camp, it pretty much ends up that you go right from classroom to track, back and forth with very little downtime in between. :)

I hope that helps. Level 4 is very cool, a totally customized program, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

I can only speak for US schools but since no one else has answered, I'll offer up some info with the expectation that the format is basically the same.

For Level 4 you fill out your questionnaire, and before your first ride your Level 4 consultant will go over your questionnaire with you, discuss it with you, and you will work together to come up with a customized plan for what to work on in your first session. This info will be given to your on-track coach. After your session, you will debrief with your on-track coach, then go to your "classroom session" which will be with your L4 consultant. You will discuss what to work on next, based on your feedback and your coach's observations.

You would still be in a particular on-track group, so your on-track session schedule will work like the other levels - in other words, you don't finish your discussion with your consultant and then just go straight onto the track, you will wait for your group to be called. Of course, if you are doing a 2-day camp, it pretty much ends up that you go right from classroom to track, back and forth with very little downtime in between. :)

I hope that helps. Level 4 is very cool, a totally customized program, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Cheers mate! I can't wait!

Are you sure you're not mixing up ride days and CSS? During the ride days you do exactly as you've said: find a spot, hand over a tenner and you're set.

When I went to CSS most garages were closed or used as temporary classrooms. One chap had slicks and he spent most of this time waiting for weather to clear - it was during Queen's Birthday weekend, I think we only had a single "dry" session.

I'm sure if you talk to Madaz guys they will sort you out with a powerpoint to plug your warmers.

Archived