Rip

Horrible crash.

Horrible tragedy.

RIP Marco

Ditto.

Even though I had never met him,through watching every race and avidly following weekly developments on the web, you felt as though you 'knew him'.

I felt that he was a charasmatic force of energy, fun and excitement, which came across in his brilliantly aggresive riding. So exciting. Motogp has lost a 'proper racer' and it won't be the same without his 'crazy legs'.

It was a very sad day.

I am very sorry to here of Marco Simoncelli's death. He was one of my favorite riders to watch. I liked seeing him out there, having a good time, graceful but unpredictable. He will be missed.

Sic was one of my favorite riders. I've been a fan of his since 2008, and I was a huge fan from the moment I watched him race and saw his interviews. He was a charismatic man, and a good rider. I'm honestly a fan of so few people, let alone athletes, and Peyton Manning, Valentino Rossi, and Sic are about it. I usually don't care about what a pro does, or how he acts, when he's not competing. But these three are great whether they're on the track or in person.

I hated when Sic took Pedrosa out earlier in the season, because I was disappointed that Dani was injured, and didn't want to dislike Marco. Hell, I couldn't. I wouldn't have a hard time being upset about any other rider taking out one of my favorites.

He was one of the most approachable people in the paddock and really seemed to enjoy going out and signing autographs for the fans. I don't know what impact this will have on the GP riders, but I'll be missing 58 and wondering what would have come of this man had he just let the bike go. It's the type of person he was, though. Hold on tight and see how far you can go. It's what got him to where he was in life.

thumbnailaspx.jpg

Absolutely agree with everyone's thoughts.

I'm absolutely gutted with this news.

He was 1 of my favorite riders...

Aggressive, Smooth, talented and so quick.

We will miss you Marco.

Ciao Marco....Ciao Supersic 58....

RIP mate!

This was the first race of the year that I didn't watch first thing on Sunday, I was under a deadline at work so I spent Sunday finishing up a project. I was planning to watch the race last night. When I mentioned that to a friend yesterday he quietly said "Don't watch it" and told me why. I was heartbroken for Marco, and for Colin and Valentino. I deleted the race without watching it so I don't know the details but from what I understand there was nothing either of them could have done. Never the less, they have to be devastated.

Marco was such a dynamic rider, polarizing and controversial at times, but in a season of processional races and a dominated championship, he was a bright spot for us as fans. More importantly, by all accounts he was a wonderful human being off the track. I honestly wish I could have known him. These men compete at a level that I can not fully comprehend and I respect them for that but their friends and family will remember them for who they were. Somewhat irrationally I am saddened by the fact that I will never know this extraordinary individual, but I am even more saddened for the loss to those that did know him.

Take your podium number 58, you earned it.

Sic was one of my favorite riders. I've been a fan of his since 2008, and I was a huge fan from the moment I watched him race and saw his interviews. He was a charismatic man, and a good rider. I'm honestly a fan of so few people, let alone athletes, and Peyton Manning, Valentino Rossi, and Sic are about it. I usually don't care about what a pro does, or how he acts, when he's not competing. But these three are great whether they're on the track or in person.

I hated when Sic took Pedrosa out earlier in the season, because I was disappointed that Dani was injured, and didn't want to dislike Marco. Hell, I couldn't. I wouldn't have a hard time being upset about any other rider taking out one of my favorites.

He was one of the most approachable people in the paddock and really seemed to enjoy going out and signing autographs for the fans. I don't know what impact this will have on the GP riders, but I'll be missing 58 and wondering what would have come of this man had he just let the bike go. It's the type of person he was, though. Hold on tight and see how far you can go. It's what got him to where he was in life.

thumbnailaspx.jpg

This was the first race of the year that I didn't watch first thing on Sunday, I was under a deadline at work so I spent Sunday finishing up a project. I was planning to watch the race last night. When I mentioned that to a friend yesterday he quietly said "Don't watch it" and told me why. I was heartbroken for Marco, and for Colin and Valentino. I deleted the race without watching it so I don't know the details but from what I understand there was nothing either of them could have done. Never the less, they have to be devastated.

Marco was such a dynamic rider, polarizing and controversial at times, but in a season of processional races and a dominated championship, he was a bright spot for us as fans. More importantly, by all accounts he was a wonderful human being off the track. I honestly wish I could have known him. These men compete at a level that I can not fully comprehend and I respect them for that but their friends and family will remember them for who they were. Somewhat irrationally I am saddened by the fact that I will never know this extraordinary individual, but I am even more saddened for the loss to those that did know him.

Take your podium number 58, you earned it.

Really, really well stated - my thoughts exactly. RIP MS 58

Archived