Level And Level2

Hey Guys

I booked for level 1 (12/12/2011 )and level 2(13/12/2011) with CSS Philip Island (Australia). I am really excited and looking forward to this. I am riding from Adelaide to Philip Island (900kms) on my FZ1n which I will be using it for the tracks. I have got my own leathers. My motorbike has gotta coolant in it atm and it is safe to change the water before setting off to Philip Island in a water filled radiator? Am I taking too much risk? The mechanic guys suggested to use the coolant for the trip and change it to water just before the tracks. As I will be travelling on my own, I cant carry much things with me. Will there be enough time before the level1 to change the coolant? Will you guys help me with it? anyone at Philip Island? I love motorbikes and i have ridden for past 10 years and I have got very little knowledge about the parts and motorbike system. So if anyone could give me hand or suggest some ideas would be wonderful. Thank you.

regards

MM

Welcome Mmurasoli. It's usually up to the track whether they want you to use water, or if coolant is OK. Unless you're racing, they usually allow coolant. It would be best to call the track and tell them your circumstances to see what they require. Phillip Island has a great last corner that can help a lot with your comfort leaning. One of my dream tracks. Have fun.

Welcome to the forum mmurasoli. I have to admit I am most jealous! Like Jason, Philip Island is one of my dream tracks, in fact if I had to chose one to visit that would be it. Great track, gorgeous setting, and there's just something about girls with that accent...wink.gif

By the way I'm not mechanical when it comes to the bikes either but I can suggest you spend some time hanging out in the "Ask The Chief" forum. There's a ton of great information there.

Best,

Carey

Hey Guys

I booked for level 1 (12/12/2011 )and level 2(13/12/2011) with CSS Philip Island (Australia). I am really excited and looking forward to this. I am riding from Adelaide to Philip Island (900kms) on my FZ1n which I will be using it for the tracks. I have got my own leathers. My motorbike has gotta coolant in it atm and it is safe to change the water before setting off to Philip Island in a water filled radiator? Am I taking too much risk? The mechanic guys suggested to use the coolant for the trip and change it to water just before the tracks. As I will be travelling on my own, I cant carry much things with me. Will there be enough time before the level1 to change the coolant? Will you guys help me with it? anyone at Philip Island? I love motorbikes and i have ridden for past 10 years and I have got very little knowledge about the parts and motorbike system. So if anyone could give me hand or suggest some ideas would be wonderful. Thank you.

regards

MM

Welcome mate,

You should have enough time to drop the coolant or get a motel the night before and drop the coolant there? Someone should give you a hand when you get there if you ask....helpful bunch at the Island. But personally if your not

trailering your bike I'd rent one ....just incase ......y'know long walk back to SA.....

There is no need to replace coolant with water for CSS at PI.

But if you want to do it, Level I is the last group in rotation which gives you something like 40 minutes to mess with your bike.

I'd consider calling guys at Madaz before hand and talking to them - they're the ones looking after rental bikes and can help you with small things.

Thank you very much Markc, Ozfireblade, warregl & Jasonzilla for your replies. I will be arriving sunday late afternoon to PI. I am going to email on the Adam06 who is a coach at CSS PI for some advise. All these years I am used to riding naked bikes, which is totally a different riding position. I think it will be very hard to maneuver with the faring ones at the level 1 and level 2. That is why i'm bringing my own bike which I am more comfortable with. If i get bit more confidence on the tracks, I might buy a second hand R6 for racing in the future. Being the only child makes it harder when it comes to the motorbikes. lol

Are you all from Australia? I am from Adelaide, going to ride my FZ1 to PI and I have taken a week holiday from work, so that I can ride back via Great Ocean Road, and I am thinking of doing GOR x 2 staying for two days at Apollo bay. I am really looking forward for it.

MM

CSS is a great way to get introduced to the track. It is a very controlled environment, everyone is there to learn , and you get top notch instruction. Let us know how it goes for you.

As for locations, I'm in Richmond, Virgina in the US. Hence my infatuation with the accent ;) .

Hey mmurasoli,

I've done lvl 1 and 2 at PI, no need to drop the coolant, but if you want too there will be time in the morning before your first session.

I may be down doing lvl 3 on the 13th so I will keep an eye out for you.

Hi thanks for the reply. And how the weather looking like? any idea? Did you enjoy your level 1 and 2? Did it help you much?

MM

Did enjoy Lvl1/2 and I did get alot out of it. Looking foward to lvl 3, but havent booked as yet.

Alot of what you do can transform to street use.

The weather, well thats anyones guess.

Lvl 1 it was 18oC and showers, lvl 2 24oC sunny

even if it is wet during lvl 1, you gain alot as your working on traction.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MM, welcome to the forum! I just noticed the dates you had booked and wanted to see how you enjoyed it?

It's probably a bit late but I was just going to suggest that you don't arrive at Phillip Island the day before, give yourself at least a day to chill out and recover. I once did something similar and rode ~900km in a day, with some training/tuition the very next day. I thought it would be no worries, a good night sleep and I'll be right. Well... it wasn't alright really - I was just plain knackered. tongue.gif

Hope you had fun - GOR would have been well worth doing twice over, it's fantastic! biggrin.gif

Archived