Hola!

Hey guys, I'm Hansveer from India. Relatively new to biking, but getting the hang of it. Saw TOTW a couple of times and found it quiet helpful. Counter steering, though quiet a scary concept initially, actually worked so well for me, I can't think of another way to turn... lol At least at speed. Never managed a counter U-Turn... lol :rolleyes: Haven't attended any official training yet, but Hope to from a local track school and then later on from CSS when they have their session in India(only happens once a year).

Hi Hansveer,

Welcome, and do hope you make it to the school in India. All goes well and I will make that too, if I do must come and say hello!

Best,

Cobie

HI and welcome to the forums,

I have a question for you and please don't take this the wrong way, but how are the road conditions over in India ? The only thing I've ever seen pictures of is insane traffic in cities, are decently paved windy roads common outside the major cities or are they few and far between ?

oh and definitely try to make it to CSS when they stop by, you wont be disappointed with the experience

Tyler

Hey guys, I'm Hansveer from India. Relatively new to biking, but getting the hang of it. Saw TOTW a couple of times and found it quiet helpful. Counter steering, though quiet a scary concept initially, actually worked so well for me, I can't think of another way to turn... lol At least at speed. Never managed a counter U-Turn... lol :rolleyes: Haven't attended any official training yet, but Hope to from a local track school and then later on from CSS when they have their session in India(only happens once a year).

Welcome to the forum Hans! You will find a lot of very useful information on this board. Don't be afraid to jump right in, a new rider's perspective is always appreciated. And if you can make the school you wont regret it. It will open your eyes to things you wouldnt see otherwise.

...I have a question for you and please don't take this the wrong way, but how are the road conditions over in India ? The only thing I've ever seen pictures of is insane traffic in cities, are decently paved windy roads common outside the major cities or are they few and far between ?

I have to admit I'm curious about this as well. I saw an episode of "Top Gear" shot in India and the traffic was insane to say the least! What's it like where you are Hans?

Best,

Carey

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. Would love to see you there cobie. Sorry for the late replay and no offence taken at all. I'm from Bombay and that's probably one of the "better" places as far as traffic manners are concerned, and even there it's quiet bad. Being one of the most densely populated cities in the world, traffic does get pretty insane. Roads range from acceptable to downright awful. In face traffic is so bad, if you don't get stuck in a jam somewhere along your route, you tend to be surprised and exclaim "I wonder what's up today, there's no traffic, is it a holiday?" so yeah, traffic is bad. You can't drive for 5mins without getting worked up... Lol

As far as decent windy roads, depends on which part of the country you are in. We have some mountain ranges close to Bombay which would provide you with a decent dose of the twisties. The roads aren't too bad I guess, but some sections can be. I also have a factory up in the north, and those places have some pretty fantastic twisties. I'm posting from my iPad right now, but when I get on my comp I'll post the routes so y'all can have a better idea.