How To Hook Turn In Macau Race Track ! ^^

The hook turn is a method for tightening your line mid turn. You'll learn about it in level 3.

As i might never attend CSS, can you tell me how to do it? I am intrigued.

You can find some information about the hook turn in A Twist of the Wrist II in Chapter 13, if you want to read about it - but nothing beats coming to the school and being coached on it in person. At the school it is explained and demonstrated on a bike, and each student gets to try it and get help with it. Trying to communicate it here would not be nearly as effective as that. :)

Level 3 has a lot to do with the rider's interaction with the bike - body position, lock-on, hanging off, transitions, etc. - and those skills translate to greatly improved communication with, and control of, the bike.

This weekend I was coaching some level 3 students at Vegas, which is a bumpy track and has some wonderfully challenging corners, and I was reminded again how GREAT those Level 3 skills really are.

There is a Video from the UK branch of CSS giving a basic overview of the Hook Turn here

This weekend I was coaching some level 3 students at Vegas, which is a bumpy track and has some wonderfully challenging corners, and I was reminded again how GREAT those Level 3 skills really are.

Plenty of decreasing radius corners there for which the Hook Turn comes in quite handy

Thank you Hotfoot and McKeen.

I wonder if you instructors could put up a video instructional series on the forum or you tube for the unfortunates who can't go to school? Some handycam footage will go a long way in helping us visualize some of the things we don't encounter, be it types of turns or situations like wheelspin, due to our lack of access to the track and fast bikes.

I do see the UK branch has a few videos.Will give it a whirl.

Get the Twist of the Wrist II DVD! It's terrific, gives you a chance to see all the techniques explained and demonstrated, it is fantastic. You can buy it on the school website or on amazon.com.