1 Piece On Street?

My son and I really liked the fit of the AGV Sport leathers at our VIR 2 Day last week, and especially the student price offer.

Question, how many of you wear 1 piece suits while sport riding on street? Might get a few strange looks but my opinion is safety trumps others opinions.

I pretty frequently wear a 1pc suit when going out for a street ride. You get the occasional oddball question when you are in a store but generally beyond that people for the most part don't even notice you.

I wear a 1pc most of the time on the street with the exception of going to work or going out to eat somewhere nice. I do however know some people who wear a 1pc suit to work and then change in the bathroom into regular clothes and then change back into their suit to go home. :)

One other thing. I find that color choice does affect how much you can blend into the woodwork. Darker suits tend to blend in really well while brightly colored ones don't.

Darker suits tend to blend in really well while brightly colored ones don't.

The one I am looking at is AGV Sport Phantom in white with black trim.

• 5 weeks later...

Got my AGV Sport leathers using the Promo offered at the school, fit me well (which I rarely can say) and am very pleased. So if you attend a class and are looking for leathers give them a look. Podium, same as students wear at school.

IMG_0520.jpg

Dave;

Totally unrelated question and maybe something you have already commented on but I ask anyway. Can you see up the track when you're tucked in with glasses on?

Kevin

Its difficult!!! I brought this up at my CSS at VIR. I believe it was coach Kyle, during the lean bike session, said he could see my issue. He helped me put some helmet foam in to raise the helmet a bit (which I have now done to my helmet) which helped, and I also use some silicone pads on eye pieces so glasses do not slide when I start to sweat.

Its better but still is an issue. I am past the point of being able to wear contacts as I did when I was younger due to astigmatic condition and bi-focals.

So I often get some neck pain as I am compensating by holding my head higher (pulled back).

Would be open to others experiences with this.

Dave;

I had great difficulty with contacts as well but for track riding I couldn't figure out an alternative. I could get corrected lenses for a scuba dive mask but nothing for a bike. Also, even when I wore contacts I had to close the chin vent because the airflow over my face dried them out. I apologize for hijacking your 1 pc/ 2 pc thread but your glasses in your photo reminded me of my prior dilemma.

Kevin

Dave;

I had great difficulty with contacts as well but for track riding I couldn't figure out an alternative. I could get corrected lenses for a scuba dive mask but nothing for a bike. Also, even when I wore contacts I had to close the chin vent because the airflow over my face dried them out. I apologize for hijacking your 1 pc/ 2 pc thread but your glasses in your photo reminded me of my prior dilemma.

Kevin

When I was younger I don't recall this issue (while I continued riding off rode I took a number of years off from street/sport riding). Not sure if the newer bikes riding position is changed or I am just older :wacko: but I notice it a lot more now.

I'm swearing by my contacts when I'm riding - even just on the road. I tried my glasses recently on the road and it was enough of a nuisance that I know it's way out of the question when riding on the track for me.

I'm swearing by my contacts when I'm riding - even just on the road. I tried my glasses recently on the road and it was enough of a nuisance that I know it's way out of the question when riding on the track for m

Kai;

After my first School (also my first time on a track) I couldn't do it either. My close vision is fine but my distance vision needs correction and in a tuck, I was looking over top of the glasses. Not being able to look through my glasses was nerve wracking.

Kevin

I'm swearing by my contacts when I'm riding - even just on the road. I tried my glasses recently on the road and it was enough of a nuisance that I know it's way out of the question when riding on the track for m

Kai;

After my first School (also my first time on a track) I couldn't do it either. My close vision is fine but my distance vision needs correction and in a tuck, I was looking over top of the glasses. Not being able to look through my glasses was nerve wracking.

Kevin

Exactly!!!! But in my case, I was told contacts are no longer an option due to my astigmatism and bifocal needs. I have adjusted as best I can.

• 3 months later...

Darker suits tend to blend in really well while brightly colored ones don't.

The one I am looking at is AGV Sport Phantom in white with black trim.

Just ordered the Phantom..waiting for it. One step down from the Astra so should be well worth it. I too wore the AGV rental suit and found it to be quite comfy with good looks.

• 5 months later...

We might need to get Lara on this, I'll bet she has researched the different girl-friendly suits.  Not everyone makes a good girl suit...