2023 predictions

Cobie Fair

The savvy fan...who is willing to make some predictions:

Moto GP--Can the freight train of Ducatis be foiled by the the Frenchman with an Italian name?

Moto 2--Will the canny Japanese rider beat himself again?

Moto 3--I didn't watch enough of these.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In terms of MotoGP, I think Maverick Vinales and Alexi Espargaro will be closer to race wins due to Aprilia picking up a satellite team allowing for more data collection and setup testing. Then considering Yamaha vs Ducatti, obviously Ducatti have something like 8 bikes on the grid allowing for way more data collection but the new tyre pressure sensors might reveal they were just making up corner speed due to loopholes, then they go back to only being good on the straights.

Overall I'd say Quartararo makes much less mistakes than Bagnaia because you can visually see at the end of 2022 Quartarao is pushing his bike so hard it's twitching around when he gets into the corners causing him to make mistakes, while Bagnaia just seems to crash out breaking into corners while the bike looks perfectly stable. Then Bastianini will probably be taking points from Bagnaia on tracks Ducatti are strong at, while Quartarao seems to make his bike work on tracks Yamaha should be behind on, so my money is on Quartarao. I think he was just unlucky in 2022 and his bike wasn't great. Cal Crutchlow kept saying the setup was all wrong and the tyre pressures weren't right, and he's been test rider there forever.

Also watch out for Alex Marquez on the Ducatti because I think LCR Honda was really letting him down.  

Diabolo_.jpg

• 2 months later...

Late to the party lol, I predict another Ducati championship. If MM93 can get the Honda under control, I see him maybe 3rd overall. The Honda just isn't right for some reason. Maybe Aprilia in 2nd?

Hope MM can heal up quickly and get back to action. I personally would love to see him win the title as unlikely as it seems. It would be one heck of a comeback story. 

MM...what a talent, that's a fact.  But sometimes he goes a bit far.

Peco looks amazing, and those Ducs are dang missiles.  

The PrimeTV five-part documentary on MM released two months ago is fantastic behind the scenes look at what he went through to get on a bike in 2023.  Doesn't matter whether you love him or hate him, it is insightful.  His mental toughness is impressive. 

While Peco has had 2 DNFs it does feels like 2023 championship is his to loose.  

• 4 weeks later...

Just caught up on the weekend's races...gotta agree, it's Peco's to lose.  Sorry to see Fabio struggling with the bike, hope they get that sorted, give the Duc's a run for it.