Moving ass on seat :)

Hi. Does the lower part of the body move inwards first? or the bottom and top of the body at the same time? I noticed that when I move the bottom at the same time as the top while braking, I get tired faster. how is it?

Moving at the same time as braking you tend to lose your lower body support, making you use your arms for support - introducing unwanted steering inputs and tiring you out.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jaybird180 said:

Moving at the same time as braking you tend to lose your lower body support, making you use your arms for support - introducing unwanted steering inputs and tiring you out.

Exactly! Well said.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tiger636 said:

Hi. Does the lower part of the body move inwards first? or the bottom and top of the body at the same time? I noticed that when I move the bottom at the same time as the top while braking, I get tired faster. how is it?

Hi. Yes, as Jaybird said, it is fatiguing to move while braking as that makes it difficult to stay locked on to the bike securely during braking. Have you taken the school? What levels? We have a number of techniques in Level 3 that build upon each other to create a strong lock-on to the bike and ways to move efficiently on the bike without extra effort. 

If you can pre-position your hips/seat BEFORE braking and keep both knees squeezing the tank WHILE braking, that should help reduce your fatigue. Also make sure you are not hanging off too far, that can be exhausting and have a negative impact on your control of the bike.

Question for you, or for the group as a whole: aside from looking cool, what is the purpose of hanging off the bike?

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Move your body first, before start braking. If you do it at the same time, you will make your (1) bike unstable(less traction), you will be (2) tight on handle bar;  all the consequences derived from this which will affect your turn. 

Hotfoot covered it very nicely, and to answer her question, no there isn't a reason to hang off besides looking cool 🤪.  Or maybe there is.

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2024 at 6:36 PM, Hotfoot said:

Hi. Yes, as Jaybird said, it is fatiguing to move while braking as that makes it difficult to stay locked on to the bike securely during braking. Have you taken the school? What levels? We have a number of techniques in Level 3 that build upon each other to create a strong lock-on to the bike and ways to move efficiently on the bike without extra effort. 

If you can pre-position your hips/seat BEFORE braking and keep both knees squeezing the tank WHILE braking, that should help reduce your fatigue. Also make sure you are not hanging off too far, that can be exhausting and have a negative impact on your control of the bike.

Question for you, or for the group as a whole: aside from looking cool, what is the purpose of hanging off the bike?

To reduce lean angle, I think. 

I agree to ‘reduce the lean angle’ , which will move CoM to inside of the corner but this is a process ONLY.
Our ultimate goal of doing this is to obtain (1) better tire traction(less lean anngle) and (2) you can open the throttle much faster. 

When I hang off, I notice that I can see my trajectory better, I keep my eyes up and through the exit and all that’s left for me to do is roll on the gas.

Hmm. That's not what I mean. I set the positions much earlier, but I wanted to tilt the top into the turn early, even before I turn. I struggle less when I get into a negative position and only after initiating the turn with knee contact do I move my upper body inwards. is this the correct technique?

Have you been to the school? Highly recommend that you ride the “No BS bike” and then do the off-track steering drills, might be an eye opener! Certainly was for me.

22 hours ago, tiger636 said:

Hmm. That's not what I mean. I set the positions much earlier, but I wanted to tilt the top into the turn early, even before I turn. I struggle less when I get into a negative position and only after initiating the turn with knee contact do I move my upper body inwards. is this the correct technique?

What do you mean by a "negative position"? Also what do you mean by "initiating the turn with knee contact"?

Clarifying those points will help get an answer about whether the technique is correct. 

12 hours ago, Hotfoot said:

Co rozumiesz przez „negatywne stanowisko”? Co masz na myśli mówiąc „inicjowanie skrętu kontaktem kolanowym”?

Wyjaśnienie tych punktów pomoże uzyskać odpowiedź na pytanie, czy technika jest prawidłowa. 

I move my ass to the side and the top remains above the bike, then I turn, touch the asphalt with my knee and lower my upper body to the inside of the turn before opening the throttle