Freddie Spencer School Closed

Freddie, Freddie, Freddie. Not again. Sigh.

:( 'sniff'

Get well soon, Freddie.

Keith has posted a letter regarding Freddie closing, and it's on R/World.

Here's the link:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=34782

Honestly, felt the same way, sad to see him go. It is not an easy industry to be in and at first (with the current economic times) I thought, hey--good for us! But in the end, wish it hadn't gone that way.

CF

Honestly, felt the same way, sad to see him go. It is not an easy industry to be in and at first (with the current economic times) I thought, hey--good for us! But in the end, wish it hadn't gone that way.

I'll never forget the way he helped me lift and roll his Superbike out of the crash zone at Charlotte when he was riding for Two Brothers back in the day. And then invited me into his trailer at Mid-Ohio to hang out and chat two weeks later when I returned his gloves that he left in the corner at Charlotte.

How many World Champions do you see lend corner workers a hand picking up their own bikes when they fall down?

Go Freddie Go!

Good grief. That sounds like he died and I'm speaking at his wake.

The thing I don't get is that the coaches went months without getting paid. MONTHS!!! What gives. If I was good enough, I wouldn't mind coaching people up, and am at a level where I can give new riders some small tips, but if it's how I made a living I'd be complaining about a couple weeks, not months.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this awhile ago. I don't mean this in a bad way but: I hope this is a problem specific to how Mr. Spencer was doing business and not the start of something bigger. I've considered going to his school to see what the differences are. Guess I'll do Mystery school instead. And some more level 4 coaching too.

People get pretty passionate about coaching others, and will put up with quite a lot to do it, er...so I've heard :)

CF

LOL! :lol: