Whooo! Registered For Vegas!

Just signed up for Vegas 2 day in March 09, can't wait for level 3 & 4. Couple of questions though.

Will we use the same track layout as Feb 08?

I know CSS sends out an info package later, but wondering what hotels most stay in. We stayed in the Bellagio last time to use up some of the GF's credit card points (she was closing the account) but I'm not paying $500 a night! Can't wait for March

Yeah, we pretty much run the same track for every school out at Vegas. At the two day camps we run it in both directions though, so it is like two tracks :)

There are tons of places to stay in Vegas, Circus Circus rooms are decent and pretty cheap.

I got a good deal at the Stratosphere one time, but it wasn't very impressive, don't know I'd go back. We stay at Nellis Suites, right next to the track and it is no great shakes, it's just close.

March in Vegas, that'll be a nice time to do it.

CF

Downtown is nice. You can get there easily from North Vegas. Fitzgeralds, Four Queens, and Gold Nugget are standard decent rooms, and when you're not at school everything is right there in walking distance. STAY AWAY from The Plaza, Las Vegas Club, and El Cortez. I haven't stayed at the other places, so I couldn't say.

• 2 months later...

I can't remember when I was this excited to go back to school but with it a little more than a month away, I will be rereading Twist 1 & 2 and Soft Science. I will be doing level 3 & 4, what chapters or sections should I pay extra attention to?

I can't remember when I was this excited to go back to school but with it a little more than a month away, I will be rereading Twist 1 & 2 and Soft Science. I will be doing level 3 & 4, what chapters or sections should I pay extra attention to?

Level 3, you could have a look at Twist 1, and the chapter on hanging off (though we'll be covering material on that, that's not in the books). Twist 2, the chapters on rider input, that will come into play too.

Level 4 will be based on the questionnaire you fill out that day, and what you and your coach sort out, so no specific reference to suggest yet.

See you soon!

C

Level 3, you could have a look at Twist 1, and the chapter on hanging off (though we'll be covering material on that, that's not in the books). Twist 2, the chapters on rider input, that will come into play too.

Level 4 will be based on the questionnaire you fill out that day, and what you and your coach sort out, so no specific reference to suggest yet.

See you soon!

C

Thats good info for me as I am doing L2 and 3 this year, gotta wait till July though, is it the visuals that are worked on in level 2 mostly?

See you soon!

C

Don't forget Keith's new article: http://forums.superbikeschool.com/index.php?showtopic=1362

Yes Ace, lots of visuals in level 2. I'm believe I read here that level 3 will require some leg strength?

Yes Ace, lots of visuals in level 2. I'm believe I read here that level 3 will require some leg strength?

Yeah, work the legs, particularly the inner thighs. Stuman recommends a Thighmaster.

CF

• 3 weeks later...

Not specifically related to this thread but for a lack of a better place to put it. Can anyone suggest good bike shops in Vegas. The girlfriend will be shopping for new riding boots so we need a place with a good selection she can try on.

Not specifically related to this thread but for a lack of a better place to put it. Can anyone suggest good bike shops in Vegas. The girlfriend will be shopping for new riding boots so we need a place with a good selection she can try on.

Good question, don't know. I do have a local friend there though, I'll shoot him a note, see if he can suggest something.

I assume this is for road riding, not dirt?

Best,

CF

I usually go to Cycle Gear on 344 S Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV‎ - (702) 877-4327‎

Store Hours: Mon-Thu 9-7

Fri 9-8

Sat 9-7

Sun 10-5

www.cyclegear.com

They have a wide selection and they are open late. They have specials all the time, so you might be able to catch one. In my experience their prices are always a little better than the actual bike shops. They also have a second location in Henderson, but that is a much smaller shop with a limited selection. If you can't find what you are looking for at the big store, they can always call the other one to check if they have it.

I hope this helps,

AJ

I usually go to Cycle Gear on 344 S Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV‎ - (702) 877-4327‎

Store Hours: Mon-Thu 9-7

Fri 9-8

Sat 9-7

Sun 10-5

www.cyclegear.com

They have a wide selection and they are open late. They have specials all the time, so you might be able to catch one. In my experience their prices are always a little better than the actual bike shops. They also have a second location in Henderson, but that is a much smaller shop with a limited selection. If you can't find what you are looking for at the big store, they can always call the other one to check if they have it.

I hope this helps,

AJ

Thanks AJ. That's a good sized chain, they are all over. I know they have an internet store too.

Great, thanks for the help AJ, we will check it out. They will be for street/track riding, looks like she'll be doing the 2 day as well. I know the school will have boots for her, but she'll need some for track days once we get home.

Great, thanks for the help AJ, we will check it out. They will be for street/track riding, looks like she'll be doing the 2 day as well. I know the school will have boots for her, but she'll need some for track days once we get home.

Sleepr--great that shes going to do the school. My wife came out of retirement (14 years of minivanning the kids around-and she still does) and she did the 2-day at Vegas too. Had a great time.

What size boots does she wear? We have a limited amount of smaller sizes.

Best,

CF

She wears a mens 8-8.5 or a womens 9-9.5. Hope you'll have something or it might make our Friday visit to Cycle Gear very important. I'll likely bring my Sidi's along for myself.

She wears a mens 8-8.5 or a womens 9-9.5. Hope you'll have something or it might make our Friday visit to Cycle Gear very important. I'll likely bring my Sidi's along for myself.

Yeah, we've got 8's and 9's for sure.

CF

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Vegas at 4:41 am Monday morning, cramped flight but both the girlfriend and I were still buzzing. Thanks to the entire CSS team once again, you are all fantastic and do a great job. I'd like to thank Mike Pesicka and Pete Castanik my level 3 and 4 on track coaches for your insight and help, every one of the off track coaches, particularly Peter I believe his name was for helping me with my blip on braking/downshifts and the bitchin clutchless downshifts. Cobie, it was great to be able to formally introduce myself, and thanks for participating so actively in this forum.

Big kudos to Jim Small for being Char's on track coach for both days, she can be handful at the best of times and I really appreciate your efforts. She is still talking about the school and has already told me she'll be doing some trackdays again this year and may want to start racing soon.

AJ thanks for the tip on the Cycle Gear store, we were not able to find boots for Char but I did get a smokin deal on an 07 Teknic Speedstar suit reg price at $1400 US for $499 US. It doesn't quite fit yet but it will by the time race season rolls around.