For Those About To Seca

Domina,

You are here by (is that hyphenated) relieved of any and all duties pertaining to but not excluding the thread and all communique's wrtten on or about the last part of March and the early part of April. ( I watched court tv last night)

This was your thread. You made all this possible. None of this would have happened, the crazy monologues, the countdown from thirty, Kevin trying to sabotage the event (R-word), HotFoot, Cobie, Rondre3000, JayBird (interrupted with Willow count-down), Alaska Benchracer. All because of you. And now the end is near we've come to face the final curtain (theres a song in there somewhere) and you want to let us down....I'm speechless.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good move. You have no idea what was about to happen...

Ok....I give up?

First, the sky would fall.

Then there would be crazy German hardcore with bagpipes.

And creepy looking guys in long leather skirts beating each other bloody.

Just so you know.....

I just don't know what to say to that...

Wow, you covered a lot of ground to get from Sesame Street to THAT!

...Rainman has just cancelled his scheduled cameo appearance...if that guy is bringing freakin' bagpipes then I am out!

Heartbreaker!

Domina,

You are here by (is that hyphenated) relieved of any and all duties pertaining to but not excluding the thread and all communique's wrtten on or about the last part of March and the early part of April. ( I watched court tv last night)

This was your thread. You made all this possible. None of this would have happened, the crazy monologues, the countdown from thirty, Kevin trying to sabotage the event (R-word), HotFoot, Cobie, Rondre3000, JayBird (interrupted with Willow count-down), Alaska Benchracer. All because of you. And now the end is near we've come to face the final curtain (theres a song in there somewhere) and you want to let us down....I'm speechless.

Those are a lot of words for a speechless man.

Good move. You have no idea what was about to happen...

Ok....I give up?

First, the sky would fall.

Then there would be crazy German hardcore with bagpipes.

And creepy looking guys in long leather skirts beating each other bloody.

Just so you know.....

I just don't know what to say to that...

Wow, you covered a lot of ground to get from Sesame Street to THAT!

I'm missing the Sesame Street, too.

Domina,

And, I can by no means take credit and/or blame for this. (I just posted a video I thought was relevant-other people do it!) I believe it is what is known as "mass hysteria". And, I am quite thankful to have others share in the madness-sooo glad I'm not the only one. Although I doubt that any nagging technical concerns have been addressed, I've found it quite therapeutic and, hopefully, so have others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-AOsCKePM

How?! What?! Letting who down? I accepted the mantle for one day. What more is expected of me?

Domina,

And, I can by no means take credit and/or blame for this. (I just posted a video I thought was relevant-other people do it!) I believe it is what is known as "mass hysteria". And, I am quite thankful to have others share in the madness-sooo glad I'm not the only one. Although I doubt that any nagging technical concerns have been addressed, I've found it quite therapeutic and, hopefully, so have others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-AOsCKePM

How?! What?! Letting who down? I accepted the mantle for one day. What more is expected of me?

Oops. Forgot about that last little bit...

Disclaimer: I and any other involved or non-involved, in any way related to, non-related, employed by, associated with, interested in, or in any way cognizant of or completely unaware of CSS (heretofore "California Superbike School) parties do not condone violence by gunfire or any other means to random audience members or any other persons, alive or dead, at any place, time, or circumstance.

I think that covers it...

I awoke this morning from a dead sleep for no particular reason. I noticed that my luminescent display read 4:00 a.m. instead of the usual 5:30 a.m. My first thought was " I wonder what the temperature differential is between Monterey and Laguna Seca? ". I mean seriously, If we are looking at weather forecast for Monterey then there has to be a gradient that takes geographical changes in to effect? " I'm using their bike. I wonder how many laps to get the Dunlops up to temperature?" Oh it's 4:03 now, I Have a picture in my mind of driving in to Laguna Seca for the first time and seeing all the crew and new faces. The trailer is open and the smell of fresh coffee permeates the air. I have got to get a cup before that girl with the big mug gets it all....Oh hey Domina! It is now 4:05. Keith greets us with the usual cup of coffee and Will preparing the bikes. I walk in the back of the trailer as Judy's IPOD is playing some great tune that I have loved but forgotten...Jackson Browne or Ella Fritzgerald, nothing like what I listen to now...Then She wakes me to reality, "please sign here, you will be in yellow group today! It is now 4:07...................................SEVEN DAYS

I awoke this morning from a dead sleep for no particular reason. I noticed that my luminescent display read 4:00 a.m. instead of the usual 5:30 a.m. My first thought was " I wonder what the temperature differential is between Monterey and Laguna Seca? ". I mean seriously, If we are looking at weather forecast for Monterey then there has to be a gradient that takes geographical changes in to effect? " I'm using their bike. I wonder how many laps to get the Dunlops up to temperature?" Oh it's 4:03 now, I Have a picture in my mind of driving in to Laguna Seca for the first time and seeing all the crew and new faces. The trailer is open and the smell of fresh coffee permeates the air. I have got to get a cup before that girl with the big mug gets it all....Oh hey Domina! It is now 4:05. Keith greets us with the usual cup of coffee and Will preparing the bikes. I walk in the back of the trailer as Judy's IPOD is playing some great tune that I have loved but forgotten...Jackson Browne or Ella Fritzgerald, nothing like what I listen to now...Then She wakes me to reality, "please sign here, you will be in yellow group today! It is now 4:07...................................SEVEN DAYS

Omigod you are TOTALLY KILLING me now. I've been making a reasonable effort not to get too wrapped up in anticipating the school, then I read this. NOW I'm not only dying to get to a school, you made me want to send in a coach application! CSS creates an environment unlike any other and you provoked such a vivid recollection of it that I felt the track-day butterflies in my stomach. Well, if I am worthless at work, or can't sleep tonight, I'm going to blame you. :)

And here you go, just to get you back for that - imagine sitting on your school bike in the line-up in hot pit, hearing the rumbling of all the bikes, smelling the exhaust and seeing the plumes in the cool air, waiting for your coach to come find you (wonder who it will be? Is he/she fast? Friendly? Easy to follow?), wondering how that school bike will handle, waiting for Trevor to let you go... and then he does, with that friendly reminder, no-brakes and warm up your tires...

And then you're off, cool air and a big, wide expanse of empty track. Just look at all that room to ride... no race tension, no wild start, just that exhilarating moment of the start of a fresh new day, with a fast bike underneath you and all the potential in the world... and a crew of wonderful people, the best in the world, all there to help you discover what you can do out there, how good you can really be.

I can hardly wait.

Omigod you are TOTALLY KILLING me now. I've been making a reasonable effort not to get too wrapped up in anticipating the school, then I read this. NOW I'm not only dying to get to a school, you made me want to send in a coach application! CSS creates an environment unlike any other and you provoked such a vivid recollection of it that I felt the track-day butterflies in my stomach. Well, if I am worthless at work, or can't sleep tonight, I'm going to blame you. :)

And here you go, just to get you back for that - imagine sitting on your school bike in the line-up in hot pit, hearing the rumbling of all the bikes, smelling the exhaust and seeing the plumes in the cool air, waiting for your coach to come find you (wonder who it will be? Is he/she fast? Friendly? Easy to follow?), wondering how that school bike will handle, waiting for Trevor to let you go... and then he does, with that friendly reminder, no-brakes and warm up your tires...

And then you're off, cool air and a big, wide expanse of empty track. Just look at all that room to ride... no race tension, no wild start, just that exhilarating moment of the start of a fresh new day, with a fast bike underneath you and all the potential in the world... and a crew of wonderful people, the best in the world, all there to help you discover what you can do out there, how good you can really be.

I can hardly wait.

HotFoot Maybe this will help you sleep better! I'm having fun

Note to self: Bring coffee carafe.

I can hardly wait.

Aren't you two both in Level IV? Do you remember what Cobie taught you, Hotfoot?

HotFoot,

Domina has, as usual, found a flaw in our correspondence. Somewhere in both or one of our comments is an error. Its not just grammar this time. Somehow some way we have broken a covenant. She knows it and has the page number and sources to prove it. I feel it in my bones. She is calling us out. What do we do?

"Aren't you two both in Level IV? Do you remember what Cobie taught you, Hotfoot?"

a.) Read Twist I

b.) don't talk to strangers

c.) cover the kill switch with your hand

d.) all of the above

HotFoot,

Domina has, as usual, found a flaw in our correspondence. Somewhere in both or one of our comments is an error. Its not just grammar this time. Somehow some way we have broken a covenant. She knows it and has the page number and sources to prove it. I feel it in my bones. She is calling us out. What do we do?

"Aren't you two both in Level IV? Do you remember what Cobie taught you, Hotfoot?"

a.) Read Twist I

b.) don't talk to strangers

c.) cover the kill switch with your hand

d.) all of the above

I would do no such thing. Innocent, completely benevolent questions. Besides, only the coaches are allowed-you'd get flagged. Seems a bit unfair.

Aren't you two both in Level IV? Do you remember what Cobie taught you, Hotfoot?

I don't think I've taught Hotfoot anything--though we have gone shooting a few times, she's pretty accurate (scary really).

C

OK People this thread is now like 7 pages long. Haven't seen one like this in like forever so we'll need detailed after school reports from Fossil, Hotfoot, AB and Domina at a minimum.

"Rainman"

Please stop with the "R" word. You are this '' close to being band from the count-down (domina helped me with this)! And for those of you trying to influence the menu, stop. I remember a great movie quote "if you cook it they will come".

OK People this thread is now like 7 pages long. Haven't seen one like this in like forever so we'll need detailed after school reports from Fossil, Hotfoot, AB and Domina at a minimum.

"Rainman"

Please stop with the "R" word. You are this '' close to being band from the count-down (domina helped me with this)! And for those of you trying to influence the menu, stop. I remember a great movie quote "if you cook it they will come".

"banned"

He is allowed to use his nickname. Because, it's funny. I'm good at that.

"Rainman"

"banned"

He is allowed to use his nickname. Because, it's funny. I'm good at that.

Its your thread.