For Those About To Seca

You know, I take one day off from the delicious internet and everything falls apart. AB has simply disappeared. Hotfoot is MIA. Fossil can't cook. And....

there was no two. :blink:

I don't think I can work with you people anymore. :P

I am not MIA, I am ON MY WAY. :P See you tonight or tamale.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domina,

I have put out an APB for you! Willy's Barbecue and Grill Prescot St. Cannery Row tonight 6:30. Everyone will be there so you have to come....

You know, I take one day off from the delicious internet and everything falls apart. AB has simply disappeared. Hotfoot is MIA. Fossil can't cook. And....

You don't deserve this!

Road today at Laguna. A front came through and dropped the temperature to 49 for a high with 47 mph wind gusts. The wind at the top of hill going into the cork screw was brutal. I tried to make my turn into the corkscrew more than once with the wind pushing me back up.....All in all we had a great day but it took a few laps to get the tires warm.

You don't deserve this!

I think I've proven that quite admirably at this point.

Road today at Laguna. A front came through and dropped the temperature to 49 for a high with 47 mph wind gusts. The wind at the top of hill going into the cork screw was brutal. I tried to make my turn into the corkscrew more than once with the wind pushing me back up.....All in all we had a great day but it took a few laps to get the tires warm.

$@%$^%%thepolice$@&&^*(*

Hope today was a little better for you guys! I froze and then was ticketed yet again. (I had to pee!!!)

I expect a full report on the day with only 20-25mph winds....

$@%$^%%thepolice$@&&^*(*

Hope today was a little better for you guys! I froze and then was ticketed yet again. (I had to pee!!!)

I expect a full report on the day with only 20-25mph winds....

Didn't ride the day before, but was quite windy in the pits, that's for sure. Next day was a little windy, but not too bad. One tihng that helped quite a bit was getting really low on the bike and staying there.

Not quite sure how the ticket relates to peeing, should I ask for clarification, or just leave it... :rolleyes:

A day has gone by now since we finished up at Laguna. I was thinking that it would take a while to really put everything in perspective. I want to thank the "Crew" for everything.

Keith

Dylan

Judy

Cobie

Pete

Trevor

Max

Christi

James

Will

Jon

and

Tim the "Timmer" our riding coach for both days

I have to admit that riding Laguna was a goal. I mean when one looks at the history of this track, one has to feel fortunate riding it. Seeing Wayne Rainey talking to Keith during the second day of school brings the feeling home.

The coaches have the same responsibility no matter what the track and so did I. I was very fortunate to ride this track and CSS made it possible. I rode through barriers and found some errors that "Timmer" pointed out. I know that if I had ignored the primary reason for this school, I would have missed a great opportunity to improve my riding.

A coach gets feed back from what their students accomplish and I hope my riding can be an example of great coaching. Thanks to all of you for helping me accomplish my goals. I couldn't have done it with out you.

OK People this thread is now like 7 pages long. Haven't seen one like this in like forever so we'll need detailed after school reports from Fossil, Hotfoot, AB and Domina at a minimum.

"Rainman"

Hi Kevin and All,

Well...... I was there Wed the 15th,and I had a fantastic time. From the moment I showed up at LS it was so exciting, full of anticipation and curiosity as to what would follow. Although, I do admit that the cool air was a bit unsettling, with my nose running down my face while lapping the track. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

It's difficult to try and sum-up the overall experience, and personal growth I feel I achieved that day.

From the very first class session, led by none-other than Keith himself, I was certain I'd made the right decision to travel from afar and attend this CSS. I think the specific order in which we were led from each classroom lesson, to application of those lessons during track time,that order allowed me to grow both my confidence and skill at a comfortable level, all day.

I thank the entire CSS staff for there professionalism, patience, and superb leadership, both on and off the track.

In the words of the great A Schwarzeneger........ " I'll be back ".

OK People this thread is now like 7 pages long. Haven't seen one like this in like forever so we'll need detailed after school reports from Fossil, Hotfoot, AB and Domina at a minimum.

"Rainman"

Hi Kevin and All,

Well...... I was there Wed the 15th,and I had a fantastic time. From the moment I showed up at LS it was so exciting, full of anticipation and curiosity as to what would follow. Although, I do admit that the cool air was a bit unsettling, with my nose running down my face while lapping the track. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

It's difficult to try and sum-up the overall experience, and personal growth I feel I achieved that day.

From the very first class session, led by none-other than Keith himself, I was certain I'd made the right decision to travel from afar and attend this CSS. I think the specific order in which we were led from each classroom lesson, to application of those lessons during track time,that order allowed me to grow both my confidence and skill at a comfortable level, all day.

I thank the entire CSS staff for there professionalism, patience, and superb leadership, both on and off the track.

In the words of the great A Schwarzeneger........ " I'll be back ".

AB;

Thanks for reporting in and glad to hear that the day went well for you ah...nostrils excluded

It is hard to summarize these events because they open all of us to some many new dimensions to this sport - even for an experienced dirt racer like yourself.

Congratulations and let us know when you'll be back. Personally I am looking at Infineon (Sears Point) in the fall if there are slots still available.

Kevin

Fossil's riding is a good example :) (and success for us too).

C

And, on the other end of the spectrum....

You just had to say "too fast" and "corkscrew", didn't you?

Man, that Trevor guy has the sniper-glare. He can hit you with that from behind a pair of opaque shades from over a mile away and burn a hole straight through the center of your soul! (Give me a break, buddy. That was the best riding I did all day!)

So, yeah, I've ridden better in my worst motorcycling nightmares. Though I did not break the ZX nor the lean bike. :blink: That's about all I managed. However, despite that, everyone at CSS was beyond great, as usual!! Kristi was wonderful (and kind). All the coaches were very clear and professional. Though it may not be apparent, I learned an amazing amount of useful skills that will have to be implemented. I have a lot of work to do-good to know. And, again, a special thanks to Mr. Groom for trying so valiantly to get me into position and working with me on the lean bike. You did great honey but, there's no fighting that iliotibial band right now-which is something I'll address in the conditioning thread I've been trying to get back to for the last month. No, Dylan. I will not be borrowing Stu's thigh master. I must find another way. Those things have always looked dangerous to me.

Could someone please explain to Fossil that 102 degree track day just doesn't beat the 400 mile stretch of nothing with a slaughter yard stuck in the middle that is the 5 corridor in full leathers during record highs with crackhead CHPs repeatedly zooming past you to swerve into the center median-you, sir, are freaking me out! (They're up to no good, I tell you.)

And, as for you Rainman....It would seem your powers to manipulate the elements were highly under estimated. It won't happen again. As you have already begun talk of Sears Point, let me just say, it doesn't matter how much faster than me you are. Eventually, I'll get you. It would be best if you keep nice, temperate thoughts in mind.

Thanks again to everyone!!!

And, as for you Rainman....It would seem your powers to manipulate the elements were highly under estimated. It won't happen again. As you have already begun talk of Sears Point, let me just say, it doesn't matter how much faster than me you are. Eventually, I'll get you. It would be best if you keep nice, temperate thoughts in mind.

...I really thought that I could fool you guys with an adjustment to my sinister plan by switching to low temps and high wind - who knew?

Rainman

We are trying to set a new thread record. Thanks Domina. You can give Ayn Rand a run for her money!

Hey by the way, seems like good things happen after a school with you guys...I went to Barber Sunday for a track day and did another personal best lap time 1:41. I stayed in the 1:41's for four laps in the first session after lunch...then I was spent...dehydrated, tired etc...where is Judy when you need her! Thanks for the help guys. I just need to cut one more second off to reach my goal for this year...came back from Laguna with that extra confidence..

Hey by the way, seems like good things happen after a school with you guys...I went to Barber Sunday for a track day and did another personal best lap time 1:41. I stayed in the 1:41's for four laps in the first session after lunch...then I was spent...dehydrated, tired etc...where is Judy when you need her! Thanks for the help guys. I just need to cut one more second off to reach my goal for this year...came back from Laguna with that extra confidence..

I guess I'm a bit late in giving my own 2 cts about Laguna Seca, but I had a terrific time too. Thank goodness I brought some warm clothes, and my old leathers are loose enough to wear with layers underneath! Terrific time at dinner, thanks SO MUCH for that, FossilFuel! It was a great way to kick things off, and it was great to meet you and your friends, and Domina. ;)

I've been neglectful of the forum... because I was busy preparing for an epic 8 hour endurance race on a rented NSR50. If you haven't ever raced one of those little buggers, you are missing out. It's about as fun as it gets, and certainly feels a lot less life-threatening than the big bikes. What a blast. We had no idea how competitive the race would be, we just did it for grins, but in spite of our inexperience and complete lack of practice, we finished with a pretty decent 8th place. My school at Laguna was good preparation, I was able to take some of the things I learned there and apply them in the race - better use of reference points is one example, that certainly helps enormously in a long race, it takes a lot less energy to get around the track when you know exactly where you want to go.

I did this race last year, too, and one of the most satisfying things of all was to see some of the people that were faster than me last year - because THIS year, I was faster than them! Hallelujah! Thank you California Superbike School! :lol:

Hotfoot,

It was nice to meet you and Mario as well. That eight our NSR50 endurance racing sounds great. I am doing two WERA races in May so I can race endurance but I didn't know about the 50cc class. I will have to investigate further....

Hotfoot,

It was nice to meet you and Mario as well. That eight our NSR50 endurance racing sounds great. I am doing two WERA races in May so I can race endurance but I didn't know about the 50cc class. I will have to investigate further....

For sure want to hear about that. I loved the endurance racing I did, total blast.

CF

• 2 months later...

This thread is not long enough. I thought we were going to set some sort of record? I'm actually doing nothing and I am going to miss a track weekend at Barber this weekend. I am going to New York state to pick up a motorcycle I have always wanted.....anyway, I saw we had something like +6000 hits on this thread. Nice work Domina! I always have ti have the last word.

P.S. Would love to get back out to Laguna for another school! Maybe we could find a better place to stay this time!

This thread is not long enough. I thought we were going to set some sort of record? I'm actually doing nothing and I am going to miss a track weekend at Barber this weekend. I am going to New York state to pick up a motorcycle I have always wanted.....anyway, I saw we had something like +6000 hits on this thread. Nice work Domina! I always have ti have the last word.

P.S. Would love to get back out to Laguna for another school! Maybe we could find a better place to stay this time!

Well, did you see they added a 2 day camp at Laguna Seca over Thanksgiving? If I read it right, it's school on Wednesday, day off for Thanksgiving on Thursday, then school again on Friday. Sounds like fun, I think you should rent a house and host a big Thanksgiving dinner for everyone on Thursday!!!

Oh, by the way, FossilFuel, I am booked for CodeRace Oct 26-27th, are you up for it? :)

Well, did you see they added a 2 day camp at Laguna Seca over Thanksgiving? If I read it right, it's school on Wednesday, day off for Thanksgiving on Thursday, then school again on Friday. Sounds like fun, I think you should rent a house and host a big Thanksgiving dinner for everyone on Thursday!!!

Oh, by the way, FossilFuel, I am booked for CodeRace Oct 26-27th, are you up for it? :)

Dude, I think the was a gauntlet. Just have her keep her tie downs to herself.

C

I believe I would be better off if I had a tent out at the track instead of what happened last time! I would really, really like to ride and the Code Race sounds great but I have a WERA race September 12th and 13th and I plan on placing in Senior Superbike. There maybe other plans that might work out but I will have to wait and see. Hotfoot, please do not tell me about this stuff. It is killing me!

Hope to see you guys soon.