Wish Me Luck!

fossilfuel

Well guy's and Girl's this weekend is my first track day of the year at Barber. I have signed up the last four years and it has been cold but not like it is supposed to be Sunday...snow showers in the morning, partly cloudy by noon with a high of 44 degrees. I am hoping that the track will be dry by the time I ride but I have never ventured out on a track this cold before. Some people say don't ride below 50 and I have heard that the only real concern is keeping warm. Any hard core polar bears out there with some advice?

Wait for it to warm up. You can get on it pretty good, but don't try doing anything like you would in warmer temps. I've ridden in 40 degree weather, and it was an open track. I was getting more and more comfortable, but that little slip of the front reminded me that I needed to slow down. You can still have fun and work on your riding skills in that weather. I really hope your day is dry.

Thanks Guys. I was hoping that it was still possible to get the tires warmed up enough to get some grip. I appreciate the comments. YOu have made me feel more confident.

So......don't keep us in suspense. How did it go?

It sucked!!! I wish I knew how to post a picture because I have a classic.

So......don't keep us in suspense. How did it go?

It sucked!!! I wish I knew how to post a picture because I have a classic.

We got to Barber Saturday evening and set up. Sunday morning there was a blanket of snow on the ground. By 11:00 the snow was really coming down. I had a buddy that brought his two kids and they were making a snowman.

The good thing was that all my hardcore riding buddies showed up. We drank coffee and watched it snow. We even rode our track bikes in the paddock just so we could say we rode in the snow at Barber. I have a great group picture to put on the motorcycle wall in my garage. I know in the future someone will ask "Whats the story with this picture?"

Barber is a beautiful facility when its green but you should see it covered in snow. There are sculptures all over the grounds. The three riders at the museum, statues of motorcycle god's on wheels, were blanketed with snow. Even they would not ride this day.

That just sucks. Hope you can get someone to help you post a pic or two though.

I will post when I get home this evening...I can't get link to photo bucket url from work.

We had a great time loading the bikes into our trailers. I might call you guys to see what I need to do to post a picture. I tried using photo bucket but couldn't get it to work..

Wow, thanks for posting those, clearly a picture is worth a thousand words.

You sure have made me appreciate living in California!!!!

I personally would like a little weather out here...but not when going to the track!

Wow, thanks for posting those, clearly a picture is worth a thousand words.

You sure have made me appreciate living in California!!!!

I personally would like a little weather out here...but not when going to the track!

A little weather. Thats what vacations are for!

I know it ruined your day, but those pics are gorgeous. Thanks for posting those. I miss snow. Going from Vegas to Phoenix (living in the desert) over the last 3 years has made me miss the snow so much. Hell. Cold weather altogether. I didn't ride, but I went to the trackday at Firebird today, and the weather was great. Last week we were hitting the 80's already, and will later this week. I won't ride until April, and it's going to be scorching.

I know it ruined your day, but those pics are gorgeous. Thanks for posting those. I miss snow. Going from Vegas to Phoenix (living in the desert) over the last 3 years has made me miss the snow so much. Hell. Cold weather altogether. I didn't ride, but I went to the trackday at Firebird today, and the weather was great. Last week we were hitting the 80's already, and will later this week. I won't ride until April, and it's going to be scorching.

Phoenix is just a little toasty for me. Do you guys ever do any night riding, at the track? I thought years ago they had tried to do some racing there at night, but didn't know if any more was happening.

C