Stunters And Track Riders

Everyone's familiar with the discussions and debates on street rider skill vs track skills but what about this question:

Does Stunting improve one's skill at the track and vice versa?

One of my guys is an ex-stunter, and Stuman used to work at the wheelie school, I'll ask him.

CF

Definitely. Anything you can learn about balance makes you more comfortable and better at riding, and will give you more control. I think out of the 11 years I've been riding, I've spent a grand total of 3-4 minutes working on wheelies. I was trying it with a friend, Brian, and after a few minutes, we both figured it won't make us any faster, and hit an old back road, but if someone is into it, stunting will make them a better rider altogether.

Sorry, from what I have seen stunting does not help you go any faster on the track. Some stunters do real well when they come out to the track, and some do very poorly. I don't think the skills required to wheelie or stoppie help you go any faster on the track. JMO...