Suit For People With Big Legs?

I went to try on a bunch of suits yesterday, and none of them fit. I'm about 5'8" and currently 175 lbs (I'm usually between 170-175). I tried on the Size 42, and the upper body all felt fine, but I could barely squeeze my legs in, and on most suits, was not able to pull the knee sections up to my knees. Even if I did, the leg sections were still too long.

I'm basically built like a running back with huge thighs and calves, but my upper body is just a normal athletic built...

It was not only frustrating, I worked up a big sweat trying to fit into and out of the suits.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

The suits I tried on were:

Alpinestars RC-1

Vanson Volante

Speed and Strength

I forgot what the 4th one was... but it was one of the cheaper/lesser known brands

ps, does the school have anything that would fit someone like me in case I rent?

You could try Shift they tend to be good for fitting people like us, otherwise its a custom suit for you or buy a bigger one and have it altered.

Hope that helps

JT,

AGV Sport suits are what we use, have fit pretty well. I'm about the same height and weight, but legs aren't that big. I remember a bicycle racer that came, big thighs too, he had a tough time.

You might have to go custom. We just got a few of our coach suits (custom) and they fit pretty well.

One last thing that will help a lot (and I normally like cotton) is wear an inner liner, either for cold or hot weather, wear one. They are SO much easier to get in and out of, I don't wear leathers w/out them. Tons cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and in and out is a breeze--even with a snug fitting custom suit.

Best,

Cobie