13 Randy De Puniet Lcr Honda MotoGP 2:03.043

14 Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten-Honda MotoGP 2:03.195

15 Marco Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini 2:03.245

16 Alvaro Bautista Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2:03.274

17 Mika Kallio Pramac Racing Team 2:03.359

18 Yamaha O Yamaha O 2:05.803

19 Yamaha T Yamaha T 2:06.621

Go Ben Go!

Obviously, Spies learned SOMETHING worthwhile from Schwantz, who talks about learning new tracks quickly. Stuman, spill the beans here.

I cannot add much to they way these freaks ride - they are at an unattainable for us mortals. But what I can say is that I hope Spies can mix it up near the front and that Dovi also makes another step this season. Although I'd love to see Rossi take another title (at least) and match (or surpass) Ago's record, what I want more of is real fights for the podium between several riders week in and week out. Who wins means less than having a great show to watch :)

Doesn't look like Melandri is doing any better on a Honda they he did on a Kawi.

That guy seems to run hot or cold. But, lets give him a few tests and races, see how he settles down with the team and bike.

CF

I couldn't understand what was going on with Melandri. When he finished last year he wasn't particularly good on the technical OR point and shoot tracks. That probably means it's him and not the bike.

Simoncelli needs to get a move on. He's done well on the literbikes already.

I'm already excited about next year with all the potential moves. Rossi on the Ducati would be a dream for Italians.

I couldn't understand what was going on with Melandri. When he finished last year he wasn't particularly good on the technical OR point and shoot tracks. That probably means it's him and not the bike.

Simoncelli needs to get a move on. He's done well on the literbikes already.

I'm already excited about next year with all the potential moves. Rossi on the Ducati would be a dream for Italians.

Italy would go nuts.

Italy would go nuts.

They're MotoGP- and Rossi-nuts already, but yes, regardless of how nuts they are today, they would double and triple that nuts-level if Rossi rode a Ducati, and he won the championship.

(hmmm ... that would really put him further deep into the history books - I don't think anyone has won world championships on more than two bike brands).

With the new satellite bike having been described as much closer to the factory prototype than in previous seasons, LCR Honda Team Manager Lucio Cecchinello offered his thoughts on the new machine following Sepang:

Cecchinello continued: “The bike is very different, because it is shorter and the weight distribution is different. It has transferred much of the weight to the rear to gain traction, and the centre of gravity is also higher. Right now it is giving us a lot of work because we must find the correct setting for Randy.”

So while Yamaha has a long and low bike, Honda has gone ahead and shortened and raised (CoG) its machine once again. This most likely to suit Mini-Me, since his small stature and very low weight won't make the bike as wheelie-prone as it will for bigger, heavier riders.

Perhaps these changes can explain why the Hondas were generally off pace during the Sepang test?

I believe it is a mistake to develop the machine around Pedders because he has a very unique (PC speak for child-like) physique. They would have been better off designing the machine around an average sized rider and then made one-off fuel tank, seat and pegs for the midget. He could also have his own, short swingarm. I think Melandri is equally fast to Pedrosa if given suitable equipment - after all, they both have a second place championship position to brag about - and he would be far more representative to build the bike around so that it would suit more riders, enhancing Honda's chances of success.

But perhaps it's all intentional? Last year those pesky customer bikes had the hide to finish ahead of the Repsol bikes more than once. With Melandri on one, there was a danger that it might happen again.

Test times so far seem to indicate they have eliminated this problem :lol: