Which Is Better?

Hey guys I am dead set on attending css in June and will be getting all my gear in early I was looking at a alpinestars race replica suit but I don't know if a two piece suit would be better but I believe in protection at its' highest levels so only the best will do.I believe the 1 piece a-stars suit will be better but opinions always matter.Oh before anyone says that a 2 piece suit can be used for the streets etc I have 6 leather jackets with 3pants to match them so kinda not leaning toward the 2 piece suits but opinions still opened.

Ride Hard

Ride Safe

Best regards

Chris aka Silver Bullet

I used to always wear 2 piece leathers more for comfort off the bike, but now, and definitely for track riding I allways wear one piece leathers! I find them more comfortable and spacious around the waist!

Bobby

I used to always wear 2 piece leathers more for comfort off the bike, but now, and definitely for track riding I allways wear one piece leathers! I find them more comfortable and spacious around the waist!

Bobby

When I was asking this same question, years ago, no one ever mentioned the waist -- and until now, I've never really thought about the added bulk of the waist zipper, added material ect.

For that point alone, I think my next purchase will be a one piece. Thanks, Bobby.

I just got a new suit for this race season, the Alpine Stars MX-1 suit. The best fitting suit I've ever had short of having one custom made.

If you only have one suit that must do it all and you do track days in a way that virtually guarantee crash free sessions, a 2-piece is the best compromise for most. But if you can afford a track-only suit, a one-piece is deffo the way to go. Less chance of a rupture (you do not particularly want to slide down the road at 120 mph after the asphalt snagged the leather "lip" around your waist and ripped the zipper apart and let the jacket curl up and expose your hide) and more comfortable to wear and move around the bike in.

Archived