Marketing Css To My Street Lazy Friends?

Hey All

So there I was in the dogpark, in the rain this morning, listening to Keith talk about "Street Lazy" on my iPhone.

This got me thinking, how do I present CSS to friends that might be Street Lazy.

I've had these responses so far:

1. "Track ... mmmm ... dangerous ... mmmm ... No Way Jay ... mkay (in SouthPark Mr. Mackey vox)."
  2. "Not me, man. I just ride."

Army buddy Joe (R1200RT, 70k miles) responded to the videos, but won't make the leap to the track.

JG

ps, pls let me know if this is the wrong forum for this.

ps, pls let me know if this is the wrong forum for this.

Justin;

To give you an honest answer, encourage them to just join us up here. They'll get a flavor for what the School is all about and then they can decide if its right for them or not. As some other thread suggests, there are those who prefer a different approach to learning and it's OK that they do...it's all good my friend!

Kevin

Aother good place to send them is the superbike school website. There are some really good video reviews on it, and under the menu item "student feedback" are a lot of great student comments. Reading those and watching the videos gives an idea of how many different kinds of students come to school - young, old, male, female, tall, short, etc. and shows the broad range of experience levels. It might help to convince someone who has never been on the track that the school is NOT just for experienced track riders. You can also see stories on there about how students used skills learned at the school to handle dangerous situations on the street, thus avoiding a crash - which is, in itself, an excellent justification for going to the school! (This is particularly good logic to use on family members when you are trying to convince them you should go.) :)

I agree with both Kevin and Hotfoot. The reviews on the website spoke volumes to me and if you can get them to read through some of the forum postings they would understand that CSS is about learning how to better control yourself and your machine. To those suggestions I would getting them to watch the TOTWII DVD with you, people are visual by nature and seeing some of the principles in action might strike a chord.

You can also ask folks on the forum for some examples of how CSS changed their street riding specifically. I know that CSS quite literally saved my life. I was exiting the interstate when a cager with asshat's syndrome decided to exit at the last minute (and from the left hand lane to boot). We were side by side on a declining radius offramp and I was able to hold a line between him and the rail on the inside all the way through the exit. Without what I had learned at CSS there is no way I hold that line.

The short story is that good riding skills translate form the track to the street and if you consider yourself a motorcycle rider you owe it to yourself to learn how to do it right.

Good luck,

Carey

There are a few pluses of riding on the track:

1. If one went to a track and got zero instruction, used a little common sense and didn't over ride himself, he would leave that day a better rider. The lack of distractions, the amount of free mental RAM one has left over by just riding, and not worrying about cars, cops, kids, surface, potholes, warming the tires, etc., is substantial.

2. It's not a racing school (we do have one), it's a cornering school. Each person gets a coach to work with them at their riding level. There is no group follow the leader, a rider having to ride too slow or too fast, or work on issues that aren't his. It's tailored for each rider's skill level.

Cornering is the hard part: car pulls in front of you, you have a turn to make. If you are expert at cornering, you will be in less accidents. That's a verified statistic: racers are in less accidents on the street.

Don't know if that will be of any help, but have them call us if they have any questions, I'll talk to 'em. 800-530-3350.

Best,

Cobie

• 2 weeks later...

hello all

as a repeat css offender , i,ve also tried to "sell" it to some of my street riding mates , with the same negative responses , they don,t seem to understand that statistically the road is a very dangerous place for motorcyclists and that this would help them -

then again theres the other factor i,m afraid that some people just aren,t realistic with themselves but after they,ve had 2 beers they talk a good game , l.o.l -

hello all

as a repeat css offender , i,ve also tried to "sell" it to some of my street riding mates , with the same negative responses , they don,t seem to understand that statistically the road is a very dangerous place for motorcyclists and that this would help them -

then again theres the other factor i,m afraid that some people just aren,t realistic with themselves but after they,ve had 2 beers they talk a good game , l.o.l -

I know what you mean! Ended up at a party last night for my daughter's horse riding drill team. Turns out a number of the parents had ridden or do ride motorcycles. I didn't even talk to them about the school, just about how one steers a motorcycle. They didn't know how countersteering works. We just went over a little data on that.

Part of this is for people to realize there actually is a technology on riding, and we specifically go after their cornering, cause most people don't have a problem going in a straight line.

One way to get people to look for some info is to not give them the answer, but let them know where they can get it.

Best,

CF

Archived