Squid Checking In

Hi ladies & gents. It's Jeremiah aka Baby Bear, signing in. I just discovered this forum yesterday, how could I have missed this!

Can't wait to see everyone this year, our first days are in May at VIR. Also signed up for a Code RACE at Willow later in the season, among many other days!

You guys are obviously the best. Keep em on two until I get there alright?

Patiently waiting,

Jeremiah

Welcome to the forum Jeremiah. I'm going to be at VIR in May as well (with CSS on 5/14 and maybe 5/15). Are you doing the school in May or are you doing a TD with someone else?

And tell us a bit about you and your riding. If you are doing Code RACE I'm going to guess this isn't a new hobby for you, are you a racer? Aspiring racer? Enquiring minds want to know!

Welcome again,

Carey

My very first taste of motorcycling was riding my dad's Harley Sportster. I was 'baptized by fire' meaning I drove it on the open road without ever having ridden a motorcycle. After dragging my boots for about a mile I was able to slightly comprehend what I was doing.

Somehow, after that harrowing experience, I decided that I loved motorcycling and picked up a Suzuki Katana 750. I've always been a fan of performance over comfort and had no desire for a cruiser type motorcycle. With only a few months under by belt on that bike, I traded in for an 848 and haven't looked back since. This will be my 4th year riding a motorcycle, and my 4th track season as well. The Ducati Manhattan dealer invited me to a track day after getting the new bike, and I was hooked from that day forth.

In my first season, at a regular track day, my instructor told me "When in doubt, gas it". It then became abundantly clear that I needed to find a professional motorcycle training organization if I wanted to really learn the mechanics of riding. This season will be my third year riding with CSS and I find it to be the safest, most knowledgeable, professional, well staffed and friendly organization out there. Nothing puts a smile on my face like seeing those CSS trailers and the people that make it happen.

As far as racing, I haven't raced before and don't have any real aspirations for it (other than in my dreams). We'll see what happens after the RACE school!

1333563147[/url]' post='26770']

....Nothing puts a smile on my face like seeing those CSS trailers and the people that make it happen.

I know what you mean! And if you are so inclined, I would love to hear your thoughts on the Code RACE school as a track day enthusiast.

Welcome to the forum and ride safe.

Hi Jeremiah,

Welcome to the forum. I'm planning to pop over the pacific to do the 2-day and and the CodeRACE school in week 40 (beginning of October) so we may meet there.

Kai

Hi Jeremiah,

Welcome to the forum. I'm planning to pop over the pacific to do the 2-day and and the CodeRACE school in week 40 (beginning of October) so we may meet there.

Kai

Hey Kai,

Did you sign up for CODERACE yet? I think it might be full...let me know OK?

Cobie,

Never heard back from Whitney about CodeRACE filling up. :-(

Will book immediately.

Kai

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, Jeremiah. I would be very interested in a bit of a review after you complete CodeRACE as well. Is that something that has only recently started up? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but have no idea what it's all about really. Time for me to visit Google... rolleyes.gif

I'll be happy to post a Code RACE review once I get back from Willow in October. Luckily I have been to a regular school there once already so the track won't be brand new to me. Haven't done a RACE yet, but I believe it's treated much like a real race weekend where you do several practice rounds, a qualifying, a warmup, etc. Then you are pitted against the rest of the students in a real race on track.

Happy that i'll be doing it at the end of the year since i'll have a good amount more track riding under my belt and really get to end this season off with some awesomeness. Can't wait.

Archived