Front Washout

JDHonda

Also, in more constructive machine tips, can you have the bike remapped, or the map updated to make it less snatchy?? Also, I would personally junk the quick action throttle, if it makes it snatchier to put on a wee bit throttle.

he might also want to get his Air Filter / inlet checked.

My bike got a dirty carb + AF and after it got cleaned good by the shop, the engine braking decreased dramatically.

This is interesting. I have a 08' CBR1000RR race bike and do not experience this dive issue. Which makes me think about a bad riding habit that could possibly be precipitating the problem. Riding to stiff, a strong grip on the bars and putting most of your weight on your arms....I think this is common for street riding. Otherwise, I just dont see the CBR having that much torque and engine braking??? Maybe you should also take up any slack you have in your throttle cables, this could also increase the possibility of a jerky on off throttle condition...Cheers!

Oh and JD don't get down on yourself...always question the meaning of life but not why you ride a motorcycle....s..t happens good luck mate.

JD Honda, If the corner or manoeuvre is that slow that you need first gear, try slipping the clutch. Accelerating and braking really is a bad idea.

Simultaneous use of rear brake and throttle is a common and recommended practice in Moto Gymkhana for tight maneuvers.

Clutch is left out of the equation for simplicity.

Trying to accomplish those maneuvers with throttle alone, keeps the engine too close to a jerking condition that would upset the maneuver.

If interested:

http://amgrass.com/f...hniques-clutch/

Note the brake light and the clutch lever in this video:

• 2 weeks later...

When you say commuting home at 10/10, do you mean riding hard, riding at 10/10ths? Riding hard and turning over a white line (pedestrian crossing marking) are enough to make me think that's a bad combination, if that was the case I would not even worry about the wind or suspension because the most likely cause seems obvious...

And you mention that you don't like street riding and just ride on the street for transport - just a suggestion... maybe you could consider another bike? I used to commute on my Gixxer, then after a couple of years I got an XR400 motard. So much easier to ride the motard, bumps don't upset it as much and little slides are more controllable (if you do slide at all). Riding a sportsbike on the streets is hard work and takes maximum concentration (IMO). If you're just interested in getting from once place to another, the hard work may not be worth it.

Thinking about whether or not someone should stop riding because of crashing... My thoughts on this are that as long as you learn from your mistakes and don't keep making the same ones, then you're making progress. Although some people are definitely more inclined to make decisions without thinking of the consequences, which is another thing they'd need to deal with. Maybe they just need to ease up and ride well within their ability with a good safety margin. If someone kept making the same basic errors and crashing, and training and practice didn't help them, then I'd say that unfortunately maybe they should seriously consider giving up riding.