Suit Rental And Weight

Looking at firming things up to take a class and the last real issue is finding a suit that fits. Any ideas as to the range of bodies the rental gear fits? I'm 5'7" and about 210. At my most recent light point (170) I still struggled to get something that fit my shoulders and quads.

I currently have an AXO. I used to have an AGV Sport and it held up fine to a couple of low sides. I'd say the quality and materials are about the same for both brands. The AXO seems like more of a race fit though. Both brands tend to have base level suits for a decent price. Both of my suits were their higher level suits bought on clearance new for under $600. STG currently has a Scorpion for $499. Sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

I'd list sizes and weight but we are quite a bit different in those regards.

Most likely between a 42 (tight) and a 48 (long) 5'7 & 210lbs can be hard to fit. You might have to play with back/chest/hip protector thickness to get a "perfect fit". From the range of sizes in the trailer, there should be something that will work and help guide you on sizing to buy your own when the time is right.

• 7 months later...

Since sooner or later I will have to buy a one piece riding suit, I was wondering what AGV or Alpinestar suit the CSS school uses? I figured if they are good enough for the school then its good enough for me. Also wondering do they sell suits at the schools? I will be attending the 2 day class at VIR in may.

Since sooner or later I will have to buy a one piece riding suit, I was wondering what AGV or Alpinestar suit the CSS school uses? I figured if they are good enough for the school then its good enough for me. Also wondering do they sell suits at the schools? I will be attending the 2 day class at VIR in may.

Call the CSS office for answers to these questions, they will be happy to help you. 800-530-3350. I think the school occasionally sells older used suits as they get new ones in, or the office might have a contact for you to call for a new one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 515,

Just looking at this, did you get an answer to all your questions on the gear? AGV gives a very nice discount, solid riding suit.

Best,

Cobie