Hang off...inner thigh muscles

When holding onto the bike while hanging off, the inner thigh muscles come into play.  Over the years I've tried a few things, but recently remembered a dance exercise we were exposed to in gymnastics: facing the bar, sweep the leg from left to right in front of you.  This seems to work the inner thigh, but curious if anyone else has tried (or other exercises) to help strengthen the inner thighs.

• Like 1

On the flipside from strength is flexability and fascia treatment, you don't want to be 'yoga stretching' as Lyle puts it but this still helps keep everything loose and relaxed. Here's my favorite pre/post track prep: 

21 hours ago, Hotfoot said:

Riding horses. :)

I remember someone getting a ThighMaster, was that Stuman?

I was thinking of the horsey thing to be honest, but not in my regular program.  And yes, Stuman did have a Thighmaster...not sure if those are still around...maybe some old decroded one in a basement somewhere?

Yakaru, that does look like good stretching and I'm doing more in general.  Do you do anything for strength, that's another part and one I'm also curious about.

3 hours ago, Cobie Fair said:

I was thinking of the horsey thing to be honest, but not in my regular program.  And yes, Stuman did have a Thighmaster...not sure if those are still around...maybe some old decroded one in a basement somewhere?

You could probably squeeze an exercise ball between your knees. 

Yakaru, that does look like good stretching and I'm doing more in general.  Do you do anything for strength, that's another part and one I'm also curious about.

thigh master type resistance work is good. There's also good exercises here: https://weighttraining.guide/tag/pectineus/ as well as https://barbend.com/adductor-exercises-for-strength/ and the Strong Curves program by Brett Contreras, while directed towards women, has a strong focus on glutes and legs and I use elements of that as I can. My biggest issue is consistency, it's so easy to stop doing it for way too long.

• Like 1

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=thighmaster&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

On 8/1/2020 at 12:32 AM, Cobie Fair said:

Resistance bands are good too, and a cheap option.

• 2 weeks later...