Jump to content

Just joined, Stoked to go to school!


Recommended Posts

I missed going to the CSS for the last two years because I kept waiting on other people who refused to commit. This year I didn't even bother reaching out. Signing up today as soon as I have a couple of quick questions answered. Mostly just making sure a slot is available for me and determining if my wife can attend as a spectator. On the latter, just how that all works.

Anyway, I'm beyond stoked about attending the school and lloking forward to getting some track time!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best thing to do would be to call the office to ask about spectator details for the particular school and dates you are attending. Different tracks have different facilities and opportunities for access for spectators, especially right now since covid guidelines vary by state and many are changing over time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Guys. August 3rd  at VIR can't get here soon enough. I'll give them a call Hotfoot. Should have thought of that to begin with. I need to find out how things are set up as well. This is my first time attending and I need to find out about pit areas and such. Can/should I bring a canopy, cooler... that sort of thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Red Baron. That definitely gives me a better idea of what to expect. I'll be bringing my VFR800 and renting leathers from the school. I'm going to do the one day class to get started. Given everything I have read/heard/seen about CSS I will likely do the camp next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

You can bring cooler, canopy, etc. if you like. For a single-day school (as opposed to a 2 day camp) you do get some breaks - you will ride on track, then have a classroom session, then a break, and it rotates like that through the day, plus a lunchbreak. There will be water, snacks, and hydrating drinks available from the school, and lunch. The school has most anything you might need, so mostly you will just need your bike and fuel. Don't forget the key to your bike!

I do strongly recommend a good underlayer, like an undersuit or UnderArmour type two-piece underlayer. It makes a big difference on being able to get in and out of your leathers, keeps you cooler, and is a lot more comfortable under leathers than regular clothing.  

Feel free to ask any others questions you have, there are lots of experienced CSS folks on here to help.:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 11:58 AM, Blackened said:

I missed going to the CSS for the last two years because I kept waiting on other people who refused to commit. This year I didn't even bother reaching out. Signing up today as soon as I have a couple of quick questions answered. Mostly just making sure a slot is available for me and determining if my wife can attend as a spectator. On the latter, just how that all works.

Anyway, I'm beyond stoked about attending the school and lloking forward to getting some track time!

 

On 6/17/2021 at 11:09 PM, Blackened said:

Thanks Guys. August 3rd  at VIR can't get here soon enough. I'll give them a call Hotfoot. Should have thought of that to begin with. I need to find out how things are set up as well. This is my first time attending and I need to find out about pit areas and such. Can/should I bring a canopy, cooler... that sort of thing. 

See you there!!!  I'm doing VIR as well on the 2nd and the 3rd.  After 34 years of riding, I finally am getting the timing, the finances and the world to align so I can get out there!  So stoked, as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TBR said:

 

See you there!!!  I'm doing VIR as well on the 2nd and the 3rd.  After 34 years of riding, I finally am getting the timing, the finances and the world to align so I can get out there!  So stoked, as well.

 

Thats awesome man! I've been riding for almost that long but had a long break after an accident when I was young and stupid. Some lessons we learn the hard way. 

I've pretty much got all of my stuff together at this point. Bikes ready and should pass safety inspections with no trouble, I've got a trailer rented to haul it up to VIR with my truck. I have a VFR which isn't the most fuel efficient bike out there (especially under hard riding conditions) so I'm bringing extra fuel as well as a small tool set, cooler, etc...  

 

The one question I still have to sort out at this point: Are we able to set up something like a 10x10 canopy tent somewhere or how does that all work? It's August so I expect it is going to be mighty hot out there. Can anyone who has attended the class at VIR give me an idea on how it's set up? Are there indoor areas we can use for fueling and trackside maintenance, etc.. or is it an open area like a parking lot?

Ha... I should probably just call the school and ask. 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Blackened said:

Thats awesome man! I've been riding for almost that long but had a long break after an accident when I was young and stupid. Some lessons we learn the hard way. 

I've pretty much got all of my stuff together at this point. Bikes ready and should pass safety inspections with no trouble, I've got a trailer rented to haul it up to VIR with my truck. I have a VFR which isn't the most fuel efficient bike out there (especially under hard riding conditions) so I'm bringing extra fuel as well as a small tool set, cooler, etc...  

 

The one question I still have to sort out at this point: Are we able to set up something like a 10x10 canopy tent somewhere or how does that all work? It's August so I expect it is going to be mighty hot out there. Can anyone who has attended the class at VIR give me an idea on how it's set up? Are there indoor areas we can use for fueling and trackside maintenance, etc.. or is it an open area like a parking lot?

Ha... I should probably just call the school and ask. 😆

I've gone to watch MotoAmerica races at VIR, fuel onsite... there are indoor/shaded places to sit (which I imagine we would be doing class time).  If you feel you'll need to do a ittle maintenance, then bringing the canopy might be a good idea.  I'm sure someone who has done VIR with CSS can chime in better than myself.

Where are you coming up from?

I myself am renting a bike.  My personal bike(s) aren't really appropriate for what I want to do riding in this class, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...