Streets Of Willow

I would fly into Burbank Airport. It's about an hour to hour and a half away from Willow and there's plenty of stuff to do in the area. Hollywood, Santa Monica, Downtown LA, Angeles Crest, etc are all within 30 minutes of there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bob+Hope...230469&z=10

According to that link I can expect as much as 90 minutes in traffic. Not a good idea to be late to class, wouldn't you say?

Where would one recommend for lodging, keeping the proposed itenerary in mind?

I would fly into Burbank Airport. It's about an hour to hour and a half away from Willow and there's plenty of stuff to do in the area. Hollywood, Santa Monica, Downtown LA, Angeles Crest, etc are all within 30 minutes of there.

According to that link I can expect as much as 90 minutes in traffic. Not a good idea to be late to class, wouldn't you say?

JB;

I stayed at a motel in Mojave - about 15/20 minutes north of the track. I think there is also one is Rosemond which is the Town closest to Willow. Traffic was not an issue when I went there in '04.

Kevin

I think Burbank is the nearest airport around there. 90 minutes isnt bad at all. I usually leave my house around 430am when I go to Willow. If you stay in a motel around Willow, there's nothing to do. Nothing to see except desert.

If you're going to come a day or two early you can fly into any of the LA airports. LAX will probably be the cheapest, Burbank the closest to the track. As for touring around there is lots to see in the LA area or you can go south to orange county if you want to check out the beach cities(Huntington, Newport, Laguna), you could fly into Santa Anna if that is your plan. There is not much to see out near the track, it is kinda in the middle of the desert.

Once your done touring you can find a hotel in Lancaster or Palmdale that is pretty close to the track. There is a new Holiday in Express that looks nice. Also the Spring Hill Suites is new as well. There are a lot of really crappy hotels in that area too if you want a cheap room, but be warned they are real crappy.

There are a lot of really crappy hotels in that area too if you want a cheap room, but be warned they are real crappy.

Amen to that Brother!

Kevin

Last year two friends and I went. We flew into LAX then drove up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu. We stopped at Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, and ate at a really nice Italian restauraunt in Malibu. The Restaurant was next to a canyon road that ran right in to interstate 5. We headed South to interstate 405 then to highway 14 to Lancaster. That was when they had the huge wreck under the 405 and stopped traffic for a long time. We went through there just before it happened.

We stayed in Lancaster but we saw a little motel in Rosemond next to a Mexican restaurant that looked pretty good.

We made a big mistake waiting to get a hotel room in down town L.A. the night before we left...what a pain in the Butt.

There are no "nice" hotels in Rosamond :) The Devenshire is the best and it is borderline at best :)

Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express in Lancaster are both nice, similar to a Marriott Courtyard. They are 20-30 minutes from the track, and they have continental breakfast available very early. It's worth the extra 10 minutes drive, trust me - the Devonshire is... uh... not as nice as Stu makes it sound. :)

• 1 month later...
Does the school run this course in the same direction each time or is it one of those flip-floppers?

We run same direction, and the long version of the course, also with the tight esses onto the front straight. They make you work on accuracy :)

• 3 weeks later...
There are no "nice" hotels in Rosamond :) The Devenshire is the best and it is borderline at best :)

Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express in Lancaster are both nice, similar to a Marriott Courtyard. They are 20-30 minutes from the track, and they have continental breakfast available very early. It's worth the extra 10 minutes drive, trust me - the Devonshire is... uh... not as nice as Stu makes it sound. :)

What do you think of The Palmdale, Days Inn and LaQuinta?

What do you think of The Palmdale, Days Inn and LaQuinta?

We are looking for a better deal (with a bunch of rooms, a bunch of nights, it makes a difference), but right now we are at the Antelop Valley Inn. It's fine.

CF

So is anyone registered for 3/28? After cornerworking for the school for a few seasons I'm finally going to take Level 1! I feel like I've hit a wall with my riding and came to the realization that I don't really understand how/what will make me a better rider.

Can't wait for some instruction!

-r.

So is anyone registered for 3/28? After cornerworking for the school for a few seasons I'm finally going to take Level 1! I feel like I've hit a wall with my riding and came to the realization that I don't really understand how/what will make me a better rider.

Can't wait for some instruction!

-r.

We're in class together brother.

We're in class together brother.

Nice! I'll be on a white R1 so if you see me come by and say hi!

-Ron.

I'll be on a Green Machine (LOL)

You got PM

If you don't have a better plan, both come say hello to me, then we can all hook up.

CF

• 2 weeks later...