If You Could Improve One Thing…

stuman

If you could improve one aspect your riding, what do you think would make the biggest difference?

Try to be specific, “if I could be smoother, faster etc”… is a real easy answer but it doesn’t really say much. What one thing would take your riding to the next level?

If you could improve one aspect your riding, what do you think would make the biggest difference?

Try to be specific, “if I could be smoother, faster etc”… is a real easy answer but it doesn’t really say much. What one thing would take your riding to the next level?

A bigger paycheck! So I could do endless track time and make dozens of cool modifications to my bike!

OK, you probably want a better answer than that... how about absolute certainty that my entry speed was right for each turn, and knowing exactly where to brake / roll off point to accomplish that. Better yet to be able to do it without specific reference points so I could do it on a new track or new road.

Another excellent question Stuman. OK, here's where I could do a little better, and that's entry speed. I can go pretty well, but that is one area I could improve on a little more. I remember following KC, and even though he doesn't ride that much, his entry speed is excellent, always has been.

I would have to say entry speed as well. I know it would be a great benefit to my riding.

I remember following KC, and even though he doesn't ride that much, his entry speed is excellent, always has been.

I remember when I had Keith as my student (yeah, that was a strange role reversal :) ) at Black Hawk farms. Durring the first few sessions he scared the out of me while doing the no brakes drill :)

I can only imagine what kind of pace he runs doing the no brake drill. It is probably faster then I ride with brakes. lol

My main barrier is getting more tracktime. I seem to show great improvement then take too much time in between. Once I correct that issue, then I could give an answer to the question. (or is that an answer already?)

My main barrier is getting more tracktime. I seem to show great improvement then take too much time in between. Once I correct that issue, then I could give an answer to the question. (or is that an answer already?)

Hey Jaybird,

Does that mean we are going to be standing around talking with you about time managment and priorities? :rolleyes::rolleyes::ph34r::blink::lol:

C

Hey Jaybird,

Does that mean we are going to be standing around talking with you about time managment and priorities? :rolleyes::rolleyes::ph34r::blink::lol:

C

No Sir. I've got some trackday goals for 2009, starting the season with 2 days gnawing your ear off.

Entry speed. I only recently read TOTW, and I believe it's there that I read that I should be using my brakes to set my entry speed rather than slowing the bike. I'm really bad at it, and frequently have to get back on the gas to get off the gas after braking to get back up to a proper speed.

I haven't done a trackday since 12/21, and am dying to get back out. Between my health, moving, and money, I'm not going to be able to do another one until mid-April, or May, and it gets very hot, then we break for the summer. There is a small chance that I will be able to to Pahrump late April, but we'll see.

No Sir. I've got some trackday goals for 2009, starting the season with 2 days gnawing your ear off.

I'm somewhat partial to my ears.

Partial to your ears...would that be in a Mike Tyson way or Martin Lawrence way?

Partial to your ears...would that be in a Mike Tyson way or Martin Lawrence way?

I know what Mike did, but Martin--esplain dat on 2 me.

I know what Mike did, but Martin--esplain dat on 2 me.

On the show they always cracked on his ears ie Dumbo

I would like to trust what I have learned at CSS enough to be able to turn in and carry enough speed to get real feedback from the front tire. I want to know what that feels like....I have felt the back end travel on me, I have felt the bike squat in cambered turns, but not the front really working hard in the corner. So I need to improve on the mental side going past my comfort zone and enter a new one.

I would like to trust what I have learned at CSS enough to be able to turn in and carry enough speed to get real feedback from the front tire. I want to know what that feels like....I have felt the back end travel on me, I have felt the bike squat in cambered turns, but not the front really working hard in the corner. So I need to improve on the mental side going past my comfort zone and enter a new one.

Paraphrasing a comment that I have heard Will say on this: if you can't feel what the front is doing, add some compression.