Twist 2 Dvd Review

Well, I was lucky enough to be at home today, when the postman delivered my copy of TW II DVD. So, of course, it would have been rude not to have watched it there and then, so I did.

Well, how is it? Well, even coming from my background and knowledge, I think its excellent. Loads of great tech, made very easy to understand, loads of video/computer simulations to show the tech being applied, all with an excellent commentary from Julian Ryder.

Simply put, for anyone who's wanting "real examples" of some the tech we teach at the school, you'll not find anywhere else in as easy to understand and consume than the new DVD, its brilliant!

Hats off to Keith and the team, you've done a fantastic job!

Bullet

Just finished nightshift this morning and was rudely awakened by the postman putting my copy through the door, kettle on, plenty of coffee and watched it all!

I'm impressed, it covers all that we have been taught but reinforces to me that the way I'm using the techniques is either correct or could use a little work!

I like the way it follows the two riders and shows how they apply what they read in the book and gradually improve, until near the end when they realise that they are now on an endless learning curve! I think that is something we can all relate to, I know I certainly can! From the days when I had the chicken strips in the carpark and was looking at other people's worn tyres in awe, and now mine are the worn over the edge tyres!

The detailed animation's of how the bike reacts in certain situations are great, and really make it clear in your mind how disastrous letting your SR's take control really can be!

This DVD coupled with the twist 2 book will seriously improve your riding, and give you full control of your bike, well done to the team for putting the key elements of TOTW2 the book onto DVD, Its great in its own right but does not replace the book, but may make it a bit easier to read for anyone who couldn't get into it before!

Oh and well done to the guy that did the simulated crashes on the lean/slide bike, that was pretty cool!

Bobby

That was Josh that "simulated" the crash. Actually, he pretty much crashed it. It was a smoking hot day, and he had to really get into the front brake in the water to get it to crash, amazing.

CF

FINALLY GOT IT!!! I was getting upset because of how long it was taking. I mean, who doesn't have a firm date on when something is being released? One, two months out? Still don't know?

When it DID get here, I was ecstatic. I'm like a kid. I get really excited. You have no idea how bummed I was about Where The Wild Things Are movie. When Spiderman came out, I was so juiced about it that I got a nosebleed from the beginning credits. That didn't happen with TOTW 2 DVD, just to let you know.

It was great though. After starting out a little slow and me expecting a letdown, it got better quickly. Much of the information I was familiar with, but never saw it explained that way, a way the books with outdated drawings could never describe. It even put into words what I KNOW I'm doing wrong, and the difference it would make if I did things correctly. I can see how the video would have quickly made me better if I was a newer rider, and even how much it will help after riding track for two years, but without proper training I know it's going to be a task getting over these habits I've developed. I only know what I'm doing wrong, and where my bad habits are getting me. I can work on it, but won't be able to progress to where I should to be.

Lenz and Roberts showing up was fun. I've seen them both, and although Lenz is very fast and smooth, I love watching Roberts with that wicked BP of his.

That's where the school comes in. This time next week I'll either be endlessly frustrated, or well into my second day of the California Superbike School seeing big improvements. I'm expecting the later from all the people I've spoke with, and this forum.

Thanks for a great video guys. I'm going to recommend it to my friends with much enthusiasm.

FINALLY GOT IT!!! I was getting upset because of how long it was taking. I mean, who doesn't have a firm date on when something is being released? One, two months out? Still don't know?

When it DID get here, I was ecstatic. I'm like a kid. I get really excited. You have no idea how bummed I was about Where The Wild Things Are movie. When Spiderman came out, I was so juiced about it that I got a nosebleed from the beginning credits. That didn't happen with TOTW 2 DVD, just to let you know.

It was great though. After starting out a little slow and me expecting a letdown, it got better quickly. Much of the information I was familiar with, but never saw it explained that way, a way the books with outdated drawings could never describe. It even put into words what I KNOW I'm doing wrong, and the difference it would make if I did things correctly. I can see how the video would have quickly made me better if I was a newer rider, and even how much it will help after riding track for two years, but without proper training I know it's going to be a task getting over these habits I've developed. I only know what I'm doing wrong, and where my bad habits are getting me. I can work on it, but won't be able to progress to where I should to be.

Lenz and Roberts showing up was fun. I've seen them both, and although Lenz is very fast and smooth, I love watching Roberts with that wicked BP of his.

That's where the school comes in. This time next week I'll either be endlessly frustrated, or well into my second day of the California Superbike School seeing big improvements. I'm expecting the later from all the people I've spoke with, and this forum.

Thanks for a great video guys. I'm going to recommend it to my friends with much enthusiasm.

You're absolutely right about this point tha knowing what you do wrong is one thing, being able to correct it is not always so easy, and of course thats the real benefit and value you get from atending the school, that and actually being observed as often a students perception of themself isn't quite always reality. As if that could, or would ever hapen ! :lol:

Bullet

You're absolutely right about this point tha knowing what you do wrong is one thing, being able to correct it is not always so easy, and of course thats the real benefit and value you get from atending the school, that and actually being observed as often a students perception of themself isn't quite always reality. As if that could, or would ever hapen ! :lol:

Bullet

Care to take a trip over here for the Vegas weekend? Dibs on Bullet as my riding coach.

Bullet

Care to take a trip over here for the Vegas weekend? Dibs on Bullet as my riding coach.

One of the Uk coaches will be there, but I'm afraid I'm still badly laid up from my accident and my shoulder. Its had to have surgery, and it's likely to be at least another 12 weeks before I'll be able to start training to get fit to get back on a bike.. be spring before I'll be riding again..!

am sure you'll have an awesome time my friend, and I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed from your days!

Bullet

I didn't receive my DVD, yet a buddy of mine who ordered a week after me got his (I was jealous), so I sent Whitney and e-mail and here's what she said on Monday:

We have the Twist 2 DVDs in stock now and since you were one of the first 100 to buy the DVD we are sending you a copy signed by Keith Code. That should go out either Friday or Monday by USPS, first class.

So they're on their way if anyone is wondering.

Thanks Whitney! (Cobie please relay the message). :D

I didn't receive my DVD, yet a buddy of mine who ordered a week after me got his (I was jealous), so I sent Whitney and e-mail and here's what she said on Monday:

We have the Twist 2 DVDs in stock now and since you were one of the first 100 to buy the DVD we are sending you a copy signed by Keith Code. That should go out either Friday or Monday by USPS, first class.

So they're on their way if anyone is wondering.

Thanks Whitney! (Cobie please relay the message). :D

will do.

CF

Received my signed copy yesterday :)

have you watched it yet ? :)

CF

Not yet. I wanted to watch yesterday (especially good time with no races on) but family things took over. I will get in a first viewing this week.

Family? Man, where are your priorities? :)

My kids don't always want to watch the races with me!

CF

Well done on a great product, I just completed level one on sunday and had to pester Steve Brouggy for his demo copy as they had already sold out. Watching the DVD the day after level one was excellent as it cemented the drills into my head. All round great product and level 2 booked in. Thanks Keith and the team!!!!

Dylan

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the DVD, it's nice to be able to watch certain parts over and over again (braking for me), and the fact that there was a good amount of footage from the Streets of Willow where I was 2 weeks before was nice as I remembered the corners and could watch others from different angles... My wife happened to walk in on the part where Keith is talking to the kids and the kids were saying YEAH!!!.. She looked at me and then back at the kids, shook her head and walked out, awesome more quiet time for me! Loved the bonus SAG part and glimpses of the microphone are classic, but very informative and it's nice to see it done and listen to how it all works.

I haven't watched it since before going to the school, and will watch it next week. It made me want to do the next levels at Streets. Looks like a good track. Someone I was in school with told me it has a few blind brake spots because of the elevation changes. I want to be able to focus on the riding, so I'll do it in Vegas again.