Tracks Near Disneyland

Hey

I might be coming to the US to visit Disneyland with my family in the next 6 to 12 months...sooooo i was wondering what tracks are nearby?biggrin.gif thinking maybe a 2 day camp. Be nice to have an idea when the 2 day camps are just so I can book the holiday around the track datesrolleyes.gif Family first of course

Cheers

Hi oz

have looked into a similar trip as this myself but the school doesn't hit florida on their east coast tour for whatever reason, so barber motorsprts park is the closest but not sure how close! Sure one of the US guys will be along soon and give you a better answer!

Hi oz

have looked into a similar trip as this myself but the school doesn't hit florida on their east coast tour for whatever reason, so barber motorsprts park is the closest but not sure how close! Sure one of the US guys will be along soon and give you a better answer!

Barber would be the closest for sure, but it's still a 9-10 hour drive from Orlando. I would have a look at flying from Orlando to Birmingham to save you the time. If you are OK with the flights then you can fly direct to New Jersey as well. VIR will be a bit more of a pain as it's at least 2 flights to get there. Closest airports to VIR would be Greensboro or Raleigh Durham.

Given the options, I would head to Barber as my top pick...

Hey

I might be coming to the US to visit Disneyland with my family in the next 6 to 12 months...sooooo i was wondering what tracks are nearby?biggrin.gif thinking maybe a 2 day camp. Be nice to have an idea when the 2 day camps are just so I can book the holiday around the track datesrolleyes.gif Family first of course

Cheers

If you are coming to Disneyland in California (versus Disney World in Florida) there ARE tracks close by. California Superbike school has a lot of dates, including 2 day camps, at "Streets of Willow" which is in Rosamond, CA (close to Lancaster), roughly an hour and a half drive from Disneyland. It's a terrific place to take a school.

Next closest CSS track location would be Las Vegas, you can fly there on Southwest Airlines in less than an hour and the flights are really cheap, or drive it in about 4 and half hours. Laguna Seca is probably next, drive it in... uh... I think 6-7 hours?

Other tracks that are close to Disneyland (but not used by CSS) are Auto Club Speedway in Fontana (Fastrack runs track days there often) which would be about 45 minutes away or the brand new Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, which is in Desert Center and roughly an hour and half to two hours away.

Streets of Willow with CSS would be the best option, it's pretty darn close.

Hey

Cheers

If you are coming to Disneyland in California (versus Disney World in Florida) there ARE tracks close by. California Superbike school has a lot of dates, including 2 day camps, at "Streets of Willow" which is in Rosamond, CA (close to Lancaster), roughly an hour and a half drive from Disneyland. It's a terrific place to take a school.

Next closest CSS track location would be Las Vegas, you can fly there on Southwest Airlines in less than an hour and the flights are really cheap, or drive it in about 4 and half hours. Laguna Seca is probably next, drive it in... uh... I think 6-7 hours?

Other tracks that are close to Disneyland (but not used by CSS) are Auto Club Speedway in Fontana (Fastrack runs track days there often) which would be about 45 minutes away or the brand new Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, which is in Desert Center and roughly an hour and half to two hours away.

Streets of Willow with CSS would be the best option, it's pretty darn close.

Bloody hell theres TWO!!! I think we we re looking the one near Anaheim, sorry if I spelt it wrong, thats Califorina?

Thanks for the info guys and gals, think I'll take Hotties advice and do the Streets, might want to rephrase that lol! And when I get there put some faces to names ...

I just thought I dont want my first American school to be in the wet! Guess another questionis when are the seasons in California? Australia is different, ie June is winter December is summer

Thanks for the help

Hi oz

Hey Ace,

Thanks mate and if you sort it out maybe I'll see you over there, or if I visit the family in Scotland might nip down and do a UK school aswell....now I'm thinking about a UK stopover and a school prior to Disneyland!!!

And my wife thinks motorcycles rule my liferolleyes.gif

There are no seasons in southern california :), it is summer pretty much year round. Well really, December is winter and July is summer, pretty much the oposite of down under.

In anycase, not much chance of rain at either Willow springs or Vegas. However the do get REALLY hot in summer so if your planning a vacation I would come late or summer early fall.

Hey

Cheers

Hi Oz,

If you have time, why not also consider flying or driving north too (6 hr) to visit San Francisco, then take school at Sears Point. And see how good you will match Ben Spies's AMA Superbike qualifying record of 1:35.893 track record there. Hopefully your family will not complain seeing the Golden Gate Bridge after your bike school.

Hey Oz,

No doubt, Streets of Willow is a great track to do a school. Probably one of the best circuits for training that I've been to. All sorts of differnt turns.

I reckon you should aim for October, but that's only cause I'll be there then wink.gif

Cheers,