Should We Start A New Section/area

Here is a survey question: about the time we got the tire section up, I started thinking about a section to "ask the mechanic".

When Keith and I have mechanical questions, we ask Will. Pretty darn rare he says he doesn't know something, and this would be from RC cars up to diesel trucks--but we'll stick with bikes on this forum I think.

So, let me know if there is any interest in this.

Best,

Cobie

Abso-poz-itively. That would be something nice to see. It might not be the most-used, but a would likely provide another "learning" aspect. THe more I've gotten into riding, the more interested I've become in the mechanics as well - and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

OK, hope a few more of you chime in on this, the level of interest will determine how big this gets--in other words, is it just a pinned topic, or a whole forum?

We can always change it though!

CF

Absolutely Cobie,

Will has been kind enough to chime in in the past about mechanical problems, tyre issues, geometry and setup problems, and many other problems that affect our day to day lifes. but if he could do an ask the mechanic section, with his extensive knowledge that would be amazing!

If this takes off, coupled with Steve's tyre info section and the discussions from regular posters about their riding experiences this forum is just getting better and better!

Bobby

Absolutely Cobie,

Will has been kind enough to chime in in the past about mechanical problems, tyre issues, geometry and setup problems, and many other problems that affect our day to day lifes. but if he could do an ask the mechanic section, with his extensive knowledge that would be amazing!

If this takes off, coupled with Steve's tyre info section and the discussions from regular posters about their riding experiences this forum is just getting better and better!

Bobby

OK, just back from a few days off, Will returns later this week, I'll get it up and running.

CF

Here is a survey question: about the time we got the tire section up, I started thinking about a section to "ask the mechanic".

When Keith and I have mechanical questions, we ask Will. Pretty darn rare he says he doesn't know something, and this would be from RC cars up to diesel trucks--but we'll stick with bikes on this forum I think.

Best,

Cobie

I also think it will be a valuable resource.

thanks!

Best,

Cobie

I also think it will be a valuable resource.

thanks!

Cobie,

Judging how well the tire section is going, and the amount of lurkers its revealing, this will be another winner.

Cobie,

Judging how well the tire section is going, and the amount of lurkers its revealing, this will be another winner.

Right, so here is the latest: Just went and got with Will, got a better idea of what he has on his plate currently. We could crank up the mechanic section, but I don't want to do it when he has pretty busy schedule, and it was busier than I thought. When we release that section he wants to be able to get to it, so looks like it will be a few more weeks. Part of this was he and I didn't get our heads together as fully as we should have, part is seeing the result from the tire section, we want to make sure we can get the answers to you guys...so, get your questions ready, we will kick this off at the beginning of Feb.

Yes, you can send me the hate mail/pm's I can take it.

CF

Cobie,

Right, so here is the latest: Just went and got with Will, got a better idea of what he has on his plate currently. We could crank up the mechanic section, but I don't want to do it when he has pretty busy schedule, and it was busier than I thought. When we release that section he wants to be able to get to it, so looks like it will be a few more weeks. Part of this was he and I didn't get our heads together as fully as we should have, part is seeing the result from the tire section, we want to make sure we can get the answers to you guys...so, get your questions ready, we will kick this off at the beginning of Feb.

Yes, you can send me the hate mail/pm's I can take it.

CF

I'm sure we can wait Cobie, my concern is that you just got with Will, friendly working environment in the US eh?biggrin.gif

I'm sure we can wait Cobie, my concern is that you just got with Will, friendly working environment in the US eh?biggrin.gif

Well, we had talked before and set up that we'd start this week, but got with him after what we've seen with the tires section, and want to make sure he'll have a chance to get to it.

CF